You can type here any text you want

F'n Post Office.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dr_frankenstein

Mad Scientist
So again, I have problems with my mail going out and coming in. My post office is a complete waste of time, they cannot do squat right!

I live in an area that was county, then city, then county again. so all of this has made the routes all screwed up causing bills to show up weeks late and mail I send out to dissapear completly.:confused:

I feel like a total ass because I cant get money orders out to members who I have wanted to purchase items from.

what do I do? most people figure if you drop a letter in a post box, that it should get there.... but it never does.

its ****ing rediculous. :mad: what the hell am I paying for when i buy stamps? the guarantee that it will get lost?

*******s

:mad: :mad: A.j.:mad: :mad:

Sorry im just venting.

same here, 2 years now. i've called postal inspectors, they tell me to talk to the branch managers. missing mail, delivered wrong place, sent back as un-deliverable. that sorry fk'er that delivers here won't even get his cigar smoking lazy ass out the truck and come to my door for something that has to be signed for, he drops a note, and i have to go wait in an hour long line to get it. i've only got one package out of 50 that wasn't damaged, and it's easier to get on social security than to get money from them on an insurance claim, i've never got a dime. makes me want to go postal on their asses.

i'm venting again also.

just the opposite here, never had a problem with the post office, now UPS and fed ex, that is a different story, more screw ups and damaged boxes that you can shake a stick at!! It sounds more like your county or city commissoners do not know what they are doing than the post office, JMO

Ron

So again, I have problems with my mail going out and coming in. My post office is a complete waste of time, they cannot do squat right!

I live in an area that was county, then city, then county again. so all of this has made the routes all screwed up causing bills to show up weeks late and mail I send out to dissapear completly.:confused:

I feel like a total ass because I cant get money orders out to members who I have wanted to purchase items from.

what do I do? most people figure if you drop a letter in a post box, that it should get there.... but it never does.

its ****ing rediculous. :mad: what the hell am I paying for when i buy stamps? the guarantee that it will get lost?

*******s

:mad: :mad: A.j.:mad: :mad:

Sorry im just venting.
call the CONSUMERS AFFAIRS for the p.o. and explain everything thats going on.

The people who work for the post office are not the smartest by a long shot.

I've had quite a few not so good experiences with mail/packages being delivered.

A few examples:

They would leave my mail at the wrong address.

They would leave other peoples mail in my mail box.

When i order items i try to track the package up until the day of delivery, and just recently i was waiting on a package to be delivered and i was in the kitchen making coffee and thought i heard a noise at the front of the house i go look and didn't see anyone and i happened to look in the mail box while i was there and i found a notice saying they attempted to deliver my package but i wasn't home. I got into my car and tracked him down on the next street over and i asked him what the problem was with delivering my package at my house, i told him i was only 20 ft from the door but he didn't even knock or allow me to get to the door before leaving, i got the package from him but that's not how it's supposed to be done. That happened twice in one week,and i made a complaint at the post office and the manager said he would talk to the guy. I also brought up the point that he didn't have time to fill out that notice and put it in the box and get back to the truck and drive off before i could walk 20 ft to the door as he said he did. The manager said they fill out those notices before they start their deliveries, i was like what??
That doesn't make sense,unless of course you don't intend to deliver a package but just a notice instead. :mad:

John

The Govt. has a great history of running things and now they want to take over more business for the US?:rolleyes: DMV Post office ect are a frickin joke. Dont get me started on Paypal. You see what they are doing to ebay sellers? Frikin joke too:rolleyes:

Go to Fed Ex or UPS. It may get a few wrinkles in it, but what do you expect competing against govt owned USPS?

Did I mention I hate the Post office?:tongue:

I have never, ever, not once had a problem with the USPS...in fact, I prefer them over the fvckex and ooops... :)

Wow.....

I've had quite a few not so good experiences with mail/packages being delivered.

A few examples:

When i order items i try to track the package up until the day of delivery, and just recently i was waiting on a package to be delivered and i was in the kitchen making coffee and thought i heard a noise at the front of the house i go look and didn't see anyone and i happened to look in the mail box while i was there and i found a notice saying they attempted to deliver my package but i wasn't home. I got into my car and tracked him down on the next street over and i asked him what the problem was with delivering my package at my house, i told him i was only 20 ft from the door but he didn't even knock or allow me to get to the door before leaving, i got the package from him but that's not how it's supposed to be done. That happened twice in one week,and i made a complaint at the post office and the manager said he would talk to the guy. I also brought up the point that he didn't have time to fill out that notice and put it in the box and get back to the truck and drive off before i could walk 20 ft to the door as he said he did. The manager said they fill out those notices before they start their deliveries, i was like what??
That doesn't make sense,unless of course you don't intend to deliver a package but just a notice instead
. :mad:

John

Your first statement was rude to say the least. Yes... I am a mechanic for the United States Postal Service. Instead of rambling on about myself and my intelligence, I'd like to ask you where you attended school. You obviously did not receive above average grades in English, Grammar, etc.:rolleyes:

Dayum Aj, I've had problems before but not like that. I live in the country as well and most of the time it's not a problem but every now and then they screw up. Fedex is the next best thing as far as cost and I've never had a problem with them.

you get mad at 1, dont take it out on others

A few examples:

That doesn't make sense,unless of course you don't intend to deliver a package but just a notice instead. :mad:

John
first of all, if you get mad at your mail carrier for making mistakes, you shouldnt make negative remarks about "EVERYONE" who works for the POST OFFICE. all you got to do is talk to him or her about your mail being misdelivered to the wrong locations. if he wont cooperate, then inform the carrier foreman supervisor about it. if you receive mail that isn't yours, give it back by leaving it in the mailbox , but if it have "or current resident" on it , its yours. as for leaving those slips in the mailbox, carriers are supposed to ring the doorbell or knock (if the doorbell doesn't work) , if no response, then they fill out that slip and leave it. some carriers fill out those slips before they hit the streets when they know the person is not home and some dont. sounds like your carrier thought you weren't home. he should of appologized when you confronted him and maybe next time he'll know better . ive been a mail carrier for 24 YEARS and hate i have to take the blame for others : "THOSE PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR THE POST OFFICE ARE NOT THE SMARTEST BY A LONGSHOT" . who do you work for ?

Dayum Aj, I've had problems before but not like that. I live in the country as well and most of the time it's not a problem but every now and then they screw up. Fedex is the next best thing as far as cost and I've never had a problem with them.

Yea its not cool, I mean.... I understand there having route issues... kool I can be patient, but its been nearly 6 months and they have yet to have made any impact.

I dont hold any grudges aganst the post office in general, just the pricks at my distribution office.

Just so its known, I dont go and raise hell, I stay cool and collected and polite... but i keep getting the run around of what the problem is.

I have paypal, but at my merchants request i used a money order. I didnt mean to point fingers... I was just pissed - Ive called and called before but no luck, ive driven to the post office 3 times this week and its an 1 1/2 drive to the post office from where im at.... just fusterating.

just venting........ i just hate looking like an A$$hole to fellow TB.Com members, ya know what im saying?

A.j.

I personally love my post office (not the one in my town, it sucks, but the one I go to a few towns over is one of the best post offices in the country).

When I visited NM last year, I noticed every little town of 10 people had its own post office. This threw up a red flag for me. It was like NM was set up to be the place where Postal workers go to retire and if they can't find enough of those, they fill the job with people that can't get jobs elsewhere.

Hey, at least your mail wasn't trying to kill you.:eek:

My was being sorted at the "anthrax post office" in Hamilton Twp, NJ just after 9/11.

When my mail would arrive it was in a plastic ziplock bag and was all brittle from being irradiated due to some lunatic that had it in for Tom Daschle. This little event shut the distribution center down for 4 years until they could get a clean bill of health.

Back