For you Gun guys

My local gun shop can outfit that with a silencer for about $1200. I am thinking about getting one for my AR. The government paperwork is about $200 plus the cost of the suppressor. No FFL needed.

I'm going to check into that. I have a friend with an M4 .223 upper we're gonna try. If it works/fits properly, that'll flat out rock! Doubt it will.

My local gun shop can outfit that with a silencer for about $1200. I am thinking about getting one for my AR. The government paperwork is about $200 plus the cost of the suppressor. No FFL needed.

last time I checked... I think you need ATF approval for a supressed weapon... In jersey you cannot even put supressed and weapon together in the same sentence... lol

last time I checked... I think you need ATF approval for a supressed weapon... In jersey you cannot even put supressed and weapon together in the same sentence... lol

You have to get the form signed by your sheriff and pay the $200 tax stamp... Long as you qualify for a hand gun you can get a suppressor... I almost bet against a friend on this, glad I didn't because I would have lost;) I thought you had to have class 3 to get them... You don't though:biggrin:

You have to get the form signed by your sheriff and pay the $200 tax stamp... Long as you qualify for a hand gun you can get a suppressor... I almost bet against a friend on this, glad I didn't because I would have lost;) I thought you had to have class 3 to get them... You don't though:biggrin:

A suppressor is considered class II Shane. Doesn't make sense but it is the government after all. As far as NJ is concerned you can't sneeze the wrong way or you'll get in trouble. Don't they still have that stupid 55mph speed limit?

A suppressor is considered class II Shane. Doesn't make sense but it is the government after all. As far as NJ is concerned you can't sneeze the wrong way or you'll get in trouble. Don't they still have that stupid 55mph speed limit?

65 MPH on the interstates... we also still have 93 and 94 octane available.. unlike some other states...

You cannot even buy wine or alcohol at the local supermarket or 7-11.. it has to be an independent run liquor store...

Tasers are also outlawed in NJ... so we just plain out shoot people... :rolleyes:

Shane is correct. A few dollars and some signatures and your popping .223 rounds in your neighborhood.:eek: Just kidding.......maybe.

I still like my .223 :) But even reloading the rounds it still is expensive so I dont get to shoot it much anymore :(

17hmr would be cool. S&W and Sig Are supposed to be coming out with some tactical rimfires. All .22 though.

Yea these things are nice... It is just as cheap, it seems, to buy the whole gun as opposed to just the conversion kit too...