Found GNX #3

Tha original story in this thread is TRUE.

As I stated, I am not sure of the number of Dave's car. He was from Oregon I believe and bought a farm outside of Meadville in about 1990 or 91. He owned a publishing company that published magazines and books. He was thorn in everyones side until we got to know him as he had an endless amount of $$$ to spend on his cars. He had a GN first , but told us about these special GN's that were faster. Then one day he showed up with a GNX.
He also had a factory expierimental Nissan AWD 3000 with a supercharger that he put NOS on. It hooked so good, you could not beat him out of the hole and you had to run him down if you had the horsepower to do it. He met his wife, who was from Saegertown and bought a farm. We got the call that one day he was pulling logs with a tractor and the log caught and flipped the tractor onto him. He laid in the field for hours before he was missed. He was about 38-40 at the time I believe. I made a few calls this afternoon to find out if any of the old club members knew what happened to his wife. They were not sure. We think we remember is business partner getting the cars, but it has ben such a long time, no one is sure. I am going to look in the phone book and see if she is still listed. As I said, I do not know the number, but he bought it in 1990 or 91, so he could have been 2nd owner or so. I know he bought his GN new. I was only about 22-23 when he died, so I have not thought about this in almost 20 years. I have always wanted to find his car, but the post in this thread about the Carfax report lead me to believe it might be his. Certain people did not believe the story about the tractor accident as first stated, but the story is true. It is a little twisted from what did happen but not too bad for 17 or 18 years. If the first guy said his neighbor knows of a GNX and this story, he has to be close to one even if it is not #3.

Thanks
Coach

Wow, this thread is back from the dead.

Yes, it is #003. Yes, the story I told was true. Yes, the car is still there, but I was requested to keep a tight lid on things. She isnt looking to sell right now, as in her words "it is the kids college fund". When the time comes for her to sell, believe me, the whole world will know. Until then, it sits stored away.

Between Coach and myself we can track this car down,that is if it still exists. We're both plugged in to the collector car community around here.

We'll find it, if it is to be found.

Exactly. When she is ready to sell, it will be sold.

No tracking down needed or wanted at this time.
good luck that sounds like you have one foot in the door and don't want/need to much attention on your rare find. Not that i blame you but look out the GNX fanatics are out and about.:biggrin:

Yeah, believe me, I wish I could ever be in the position to buy such a car. But I am not. Nor will I ever be. Too rich for my blood.

I just happen to know about the car, and I am trying to respect her wishes as far as privacy is concerned. :) When I first started this thread, I just wanted to inform everyone that #3 is alive and well. I suspect that in the next couple of years it will be time for her to sell. If I get the word, I will pass the word along. Until then, Im glad that at least she knows what she has and is being careful about it.

She should have other cars as well, if she has the GNX. What happened to the other cars? There were several others including a GN, Pro Street Monte SS, supercharged Nissan, etc. I would be interested to know where they went as well.

Thanks
Coach

Well ran into a friend who still knows Dave's wife. All is true with the car so he says. When the kids are ready for college, it will go. I still have not talked to her in person yet, but will as soon as the time is right. I am too budy and do not want to pop in unannounced.

Coach

Wow, this thread is back from the dead.

Yes, it is #003. Yes, the story I told was true. Yes, the car is still there, but I was requested to keep a tight lid on things. She isnt looking to sell right now, as in her words "it is the kids college fund". When the time comes for her to sell, believe me, the whole world will know. Until then, it sits stored away.

That sums it up. Not the proverbial "little old lady didn't know what she had" deal here.:rolleyes:

Any Updates??

Yeah, I have one. A guy with the Gecko86 moniker that just joined, is resurrecting very old GNX for sale/discovered threads. He is either:

1) A troll

2) a guy that has enough money to buy any car he wants.

So... do you play the lottery or what;)?

Alan

I have one also.A guy with the ILikeSix moniker who has under 25 post is Hijacking a thread with useless commments.:eek: He is either:
1. A troll
2. A guy that has nothing better to do.

So... Do you make it a habit of adding nothing?:confused:

Yeah, I have one. A guy with the Gecko86 moniker that just joined, is resurrecting very old GNX for sale/discovered threads. He is either:

1) A troll

2) a guy that has enough money to buy any car he wants.

So... do you play the lottery or what;)?

Alan

I have one also.A guy with the ILikeSix moniker who has under 25 post is Hijacking a thread with useless commments.:eek: He is either:
1. A troll
2. A guy that has nothing better to do.

So... Do you make it a habit of adding nothing?:confused:

Good one LizardMan:biggrin: Here, I'll add this because it added SO MUCH WHEN YOU DID IT, ANY UPDATES? There, now I have contributed as much as you did:tongue: Now for your lesson of the day, a thread hijack is when you REDIRECT a thread as in CHANGE TO ANOTHER SUBJECT.

I am also amused that you have a 2 post count, and try to use my 23 post count against me:D But then, I do amuse easily:cool:. Carry on in your quest for a GNX. The other years old thread you bumped probably needs some attention...

Alan

ILikeSix when you comment about someone on a "thread about GNX3",I believe they call that Redirecting,Changing the Topic?:redface: In regards to your comment about being amused.My intentions were only to show how informative you must of being in the previous 22 post.:tongue:

Good one LizardMan:biggrin: Here, I'll add this because it added SO MUCH WHEN YOU DID IT, ANY UPDATES? There, now I have contributed as much as you did:tongue: Now for your lesson of the day, a thread hijack is when you REDIRECT a thread as in CHANGE TO ANOTHER SUBJECT.

I am also amused that you have a 2 post count, and try to use my 23 post count against me:D But then, I do amuse easily:cool:. Carry on in your quest for a GNX. The other years old thread you bumped probably needs some attention...

Alan