Found GNX #3

OK! I'm a little bit dumb founded. Can anyone clear this BS up for me? Ahhhhhhh.......kinda long........Ahhhhh.....to much Jack Daniels and coke:D Ok, what the hell is going on with the thread?:biggrin:

I'm confused too. What's wrong with bringing up an old thread? Happens all the time, when someone requests advice on fixing something, then never reports back as to how he fixed it.:confused:

There were only 547 of these cars made and each has a story or history. There is nothing wrong with keeping a thread alive on a car as it only makes it easier to find information on it.

I would hate to lock a thread on a particular car...lets keep things about the cars!

There were only 547 of these cars made and each has a story or history. There is nothing wrong with keeping a thread alive on a car as it only makes it easier to find information on it.

I would hate to lock a thread on a particular car...lets keep things about the cars!

Finally a Moderator speaks up. I get so sick of listening to these idiots that contribute nothing, just piping off at the mouth about something someone else said. From now on, throw them off as soon as it starts.

You want an update, #3 is still under lock and key on a farm in Saegertown, Pa. New info is there are 2 GNX's within 15 miles of one another and neither have seen sunlight in years. I need to find the # of the other.

Thanks again TR84 for chiming in.
Coach

Thanks for the update Coach.Please update us if and when you find the info on those 2 GNX's.

Ok guys on this no. 3 this guy that knows the son of the owner im working on his 87.gn He says that he is getting the no. 3 wich truly i do not believe, but if this is true i will post this trade that day because we all no that THIS could be the best day of a guys life when it comes to getting a really sweet car if i get this car and once again if this is true like i said im building a engine for this guys 87 GN. Now he says we have a deal. When the GNX. NO.3 is in my garage i will post in one of you will be able to purchase it from me DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH im not LOL.

So #003 is still in Sagertown huh?
Beautiful car.
I put alot of blood, sweat, tears, and Meguiar's into that beast.
I was one of the lucky ones that Dave entrusted to drive it.
It is the real deal folks, Dave had a trunkful of documentation.
Hard to believe it's been 20+ years already.

So #003 is still in Sagertown huh?
Beautiful car.
I put alot of blood, sweat, tears, and Meguiar's into that beast.
I was one of the lucky ones that Dave entrusted to drive it.
It is the real deal folks, Dave had a trunkful of documentation.
Hard to believe it's been 20+ years already.

Who are you? Are you from Meadville area?

Coach
:biggrin:

Who are you? Are you from Meadville area?

Coach

Actually I used to work for Dave in the late 80's / early 90's.
Out of respect for his widow, I'm not going to go into great detail. And besides, it's been 20 years since I've seen the car, so alot could of happened.
I was watching the Barrett-Jackson auction last night, and got me thinking of the GNX, so I did a little research, which led me here.
He bought the car from a dealer (Lima) who wanted the money for an Oldsmobile collection he was starting. The car traveled around to different car shows, until Dave settled down in Sagertown, then his untimely death.
He had a 87 GN also, also his wife had an 86. He also had that white Trans-Am with the GN engine it. He had a Nissan 300ZX TT (that car kicked ass too) the pro-street Monte Carlo SS was destroyed in a fire before his death.
I'm pleasantly suprised she's held on to the car this long, I couldn't guess what it's worth right now.
All I can say is that it's truly #003, it had so much documentation, magazine stuff, special cover, show ropes, all of it.

Actually I used to work for Dave in the late 80's / early 90's.
Out of respect for his widow, I'm not going to go into great detail. And besides, it's been 20 years since I've seen the car, so alot could of happened.
I was watching the Barrett-Jackson auction last night, and got me thinking of the GNX, so I did a little research, which led me here.
He bought the car from a dealer (Lima) who wanted the money for an Oldsmobile collection he was starting. The car traveled around to different car shows, until Dave settled down in Sagertown, then his untimely death.
He had a 87 GN also, also his wife had an 86. He also had that white Trans-Am with the GN engine it. He had a Nissan 300ZX TT (that car kicked ass too) the pro-street Monte Carlo SS was destroyed in a fire before his death.
I'm pleasantly suprised she's held on to the car this long, I couldn't guess what it's worth right now.
All I can say is that it's truly #003, it had so much documentation, magazine stuff, special cover, show ropes, all of it.

I remember the Nissan, but wasnt it a 3000GT??? He added NOS to it and it was fast as hell.

Na, it was a Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo (Silver)... You folks in Meadville still drag race on 79? I remember cruising in downtown Meadville in the Z and his hopped-up GN.

Na, it was a Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo (Silver)... You folks in Meadville still drag race on 79? I remember cruising in downtown Meadville in the Z and his hopped-up GN.

We race on the 4 lane mostly. KevinW25645 rules the streets here now. His GN runs mid 10's and he drives in to work all the time. He's fast...:eek:

I would most definately check it out. I actually know where a Boss 429 mustang engine is in a truck. An old friend of mine dad bought it new and totaled it out dui. It was pulled out of the car and put in a 3/4 ton farm truck,and yes I have seen it back in the 80's when we were in highschool. They wouldn't sell it. Haven't saw it in many years though.

Friend of mines uncle had a very nice complet 429 boss engine ... he showed it to me an it was sold the next week for only 12k :eek:

I know a Boss 429 owner here in sc who wants 275k for his complete car looks really nice but 275k ?

Nw pa

For those in NW Penna. - any action on State Street in Erie? It used to be a place to meet and set up races in the 80's.....

Cummon Man!

You guys keep ressurecting this old @ss 5 year old thread.....

Let it die in peace.....

I wasted 10 min reading..... before I saw the date..... LOL :rolleyes: