Found GNX #3

dam, got to the end of this thread and no PICS ??? c-mon what about the update??

Well we are in a holding pattern. I guess you could say that good things come to those who wait. Presently, the guy I work with wife had a baby yesterday. And being that I am waiting on him to put me in contact with the lady who owns it, all I can do it wait.

Believe me, as soon as I know something, I will let you guys know.

hunter_alexande said:
Greetings.

I am new here. I think that I have found GNX #3. A coworker and I were talking. Said that the lady next door has a GNX.

If she lives next door to your co-worker, 1/2 the work is already done. Just get his address, hope he has a corner house, and that only leaves one possibility. Good luck.

I heard gnx #3 was stolen in pa in 1996.The guy got out of jail four years later,car was cut up.Thrie are people hear on turbo buick that actually bought parts.

#003 GNX When it was "New"

Hi,

I saw GNX 003 when it was being abused by the press who brought it to The Sycamore Drive-In located in Bethel Connecticut. I was shocked at how much abuse it had sufferred with only about 10,000 miles on it. When I saw the 003 plaque on the dash, I almost fell over and realized it was a press car. It already needed quite a bit of work at that point. Wish I had taken some photos of it!

Dave

Hmmnn.. Let's see:
The guy was killed 15 yrs ago, and the IRS is still "involved"??? Get out the bull$hit flag on this one...

According to a 6 page article written in a magazine called Muscle Cars of the 60s / 70s, from Winter 1989, GNX # 003 was the car used in all the magazine photo - test shoots. Says it was on display at the muscle car collection at Springfield '89.

Car was owned by a collector from Lima, Ohio, then was sold to a guy from PA, who just happens to owns the last '87 GN built. GNX's at that time were getting $35k, and it says this particular vehicle sold for significantly more than that because of its pedigree.

The article states the mileage as 9049.2. VIN # 1G4GJ1175HP439268, Buick fleet # 47GB144. There also was an Automobile Magazine sticker placed on the lower drivers side windshield next to the Buick fleet sticker.

Maybe this info will help on the search.

Hunter: you don't say anywhere, so what state are you in?

BTW, put a loan on that house & nab the X!!! Probably a better investment than the real estate. Of course, ya can't live in it if things go bad! :eek:
I've read the story on the last GN built. So I guess the dealer guy from CA (or whereever it was) who bought it, and GM let him and his wife and kid walk through the plant while the workers signed it, etc...., ended up selling that car? I thought he was going to keep it forever on display at his dealership? sorry for off the subject.
While I have zero info on GNX 003, I do have some correct info on the last GN ever built. It belongs to Bob Colvin who is a GM dealer in Springhill, Louisiana. Here's a link to a thread with pics I took of the car a few months back...
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/273106-pics-last-gn-ever-built.html

Anybody with less than 100 posts shouldn't be allowed to start **** like this.... Let alone a member with 1 post resurecting the thread 3 years later:rolleyes:

Hmmnn.. Let's see:
The guy was killed 15 yrs ago, and the IRS is still "involved"??? Get out the bull$hit flag on this one...

I agree with Chuck. If this is even a true story why in the hell are you communicating through your co-worker about the GNX? Just go and talk to the Women yourself.

Carfax shows last registration in sagertown, PA on 4/14/92 with 10,592 miles

If you guys believe the car fax report, that car belonged to a man named Dave Cotherman. He did indead die in a tractor accident and he did have several rare cars. He was a friend/ member of our local car club. As for the IRS trouble, could not say, but he bought a farm in Saegertown, Pa which is about 6 miles from Meadville where I live. I believe he died in 92-93, it has been so long since I thought about him. He had a GN first, then one day showed up with this GNX. I saw it, but do not remember the number. I will do somemore digging and see if I can find out where it went.

Thanks
Coach

GNXRegistry.ORG was contacted by the current owner and his son in mid-2008. The car is/was alive and well as of that time, with a little more than 10,000 miles on it at which time a sale was being contemplated.

I have the history of the car based on several discussions with the owner, though Dave C. is not on the list of prior owners, it cannot be ruled out as memories do fade over time.

I am attempting to reconnect with the owner. The latest information about 003 will be posted along with the list of all 547 in GNXRegistry.ORG (summary data only, no owner names or particulars) in the next month or so on the official website in the Registry Details section.