found puddle of coolant on passenger side???

wicked6

This morning I found a small puddle of coolant on my passenger side after I pulled the car out. So I do not know the source as of yet? Could it be coming from the passenger side heads and if so would that be a major problem, as in get it fixed ASAP? FYI, I checked my oil and it does not look fouled. I recently changed to Distilled and rmi-25, before this I never had a problem.

The heater hoses are fragile and prone to rust/damage. I'd check them first.

Could be many things near that "side":
rad hose
water pump
heater hoses
intake gasket
heater core (does it drain outside?), but you'd smell that inside the car anyway.

Could also be the heater control valve if you still have the stock steel one. Mine did the same thing a year ago, replaced w/ plastic.

nope. Not all the time. My heater core leaked OUTSIDE the car and I never smelled it inside..

Originally posted by scottyb

heater core (does it drain outside?), but you'd smell that inside the car anyway.

Could it have evacuated from the overflow container on the pass side?

Radiator drain (ok, I didn't want to write petcock) leaking?

Lower rad hose?

Rich

its just strange that after I replaced the coolant/water mix + rmi25 with distilled water and rmi-25 that this started to happen!!!

I also, noted while checking the oil that it was almost 1 quart overfilled. Ouch, my friend and I must have not checked right!! We checked the oil and it looked full, but I guess if we had left it sit and let the oil return to the pan we would have seen that it was indeed full before we add more oil.

I have not driven it much since the addition of the fuel, so hopefully I did not damage anything. How bad is this!!! I know it is bad, but I do not know the effects of too much oil.

Originally posted by wicked6
I also, noted while checking the oil that it was almost 1 quart overfilled. Ouch, my friend and I must have not checked right!! We checked the oil and it looked full, but I guess if we had left it sit and let the oil return to the pan we would have seen that it was indeed full before we add more oil.

I have not driven it much since the addition of the fuel, so hopefully I did not damage anything. How bad is this!!! I know it is bad, but I do not know the effects of too much oil.

I wouldn't sweat it. Just drain some out and keep rolling. Don't think it would damage anything. Just pound on it till you blow a HG. :D, then you'll have good reason to start wrenching.

Found out that it was not a puddle of coolant, but a puddle of battery acid. My battery was leaking from the + terminal. I doubt that this is not common, what could have caused this. The battery is a maintenance free one that is only 2 years old.