You can type here any text you want

Found this on Craiglist 1987 Limited $4000

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Don't make me get the hose out;) Congrats on getting him to the darkside dude:cool: I can't even talk the old couch commando into coming to a meet up let alone buy one of these cars:rolleyes:

as of right now...there are less then 100 Limiteds known to exist....1035 built is 1987 fiction...this is 22 years later....

this number is from a very very lengthy search of all 1987 Limiteds on the road...now out of the 100 or less...there are less then 40 that are stock and havent been trashed in a mod and "make it look like a GN way" real dumb to do that to a car that will one day be more valuable then a GN in the long run..

Mark

Was doing a search for "Limited" on here since I'm bored and came across this. Gotta say, I'd love to know where you're pulling this "less than 100 left" stuff out of? Seems to me that there are still plenty of Limiteds left out there, including mine. I personally don't think they'll ever be worth more than GN's, regardless of how many were built or are left. I'd like to think you're right, but I doubt it ;)

Was doing a search for "Limited" on here since I'm bored and came across this. Gotta say, I'd love to know where you're pulling this "less than 100 left" stuff out of? Seems to me that there are still plenty of Limiteds left out there, including mine. I personally don't think they'll ever be worth more than GN's, regardless of how many were built or are left. I'd like to think you're right, but I doubt it ;)

I gotta agree with you. Judging by the number of them that have come up for sale, just on this board in the last few years, there's gotta be way more than 100 left.

Welby, you'll get used to it. He's been trying to sell his Limited's on here so he says obnoxious things to try to make his more valuable. Do a search and his past posts, every post has the word RARE in it! Just ignore it like i have been doing. This particular car is in the garage and wont be going anywhere.

I will bet my left nut there are less then 100

there are less then 100 left......there are more then likely less then 1000 GN's left as well......I say close to 500 or so left

on average in the USA combined with all ads AUTOTRADER..etc... there are less then 50 GN's ever for sale..this will include T's and Limited's.....

Does everybody think these cars were bought strictly by people who knew the cars had value or will one day be a collector car? this is like saying all SRT8'S will be around in 20 plus years or all the new Camaro SS's....NO WAY IN HELL...90% of the people that buy cars get rid of then within 5 years...the rest will do the same..they get beat on ....used and abused and miles put on as daily....add in the stolen ones(many many)...GN's were the hottest stolen car of it's time ...the car was worth more in parts then whole...sorry but all of our cars are a lot rarer then most think....mostly the complete original ones...and each year brings less and less....and the Limited with it's low production and it's disposable Turbo car status....brings the numbers real low....

there are less then 100 left......there are more then likely less then 1000 GN's left as well......I say close to 500 or so left

on average in the USA combined with all ads AUTOTRADER..etc... there are less then 50 GN's ever for sale..this will include T's and Limited's.....

Does everybody think these cars were bought strictly by people who knew the cars had value or will one day be a collector car? this is like saying all SRT8'S will be around in 20 plus years or all the new Camaro SS's....NO WAY IN HELL...90% of the people that buy cars get rid of then within 5 years...the rest will do the same..they get beat on ....used and abused and miles put on as daily....add in the stolen ones(many many)...GN's were the hottest stolen car of it's time ...the car was worth more in parts then whole...sorry but all of our cars are a lot rarer then most think....mostly the complete original ones...and each year brings less and less....and the Limited with it's low production and it's disposable Turbo car status....brings the numbers real low....

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

your car salesman antics are getting old :rolleyes:

Its a car for heck sakes. What do normal people do? WE DRIVE THEM. Yeah a low mileage GNX is cool in all but you gotta admit it's lame to let them sit there. And the Limited is not as rare as you would like to think I know 5 in my area and know 4 of them personally. And that is in the state of Utah, so you know a whole bunch more exist that you try to believe. Bottom line the GNX has and always will be the most rare Turbo Regal every made.

funny

I really could care less if the car sells or not *******.....

It is rare ..it is clean and it is a hard find...it is only ****ing $12,500

I spent that on 2 sets of wheels for my S65 and CL65!!!

And it is truly a nice find for anybody looking for one....but then again I am sure there are atleast a few hundred too choose from out there...with the economy and all....lol......yeah yeah yeah

So fellow enthusiast...who like a few people lately exercises their opinion that these cars are not rare and are not valuable to a person like me who actually thinks our cars are worth more ....OMG..

Where do these idiots come from? I KNOW.... they are the ones who sell their cars short of a decent value because they just dont care ......because there are so many for the potential buyer to choose from
:rolleyes:

yes the GNX will always be worth the most

I agree.....but then again...not everybody has $30-60k laying around for a 20 year old car... so the ones under $15k that are clean should be bought and cherished...

And it is truly a nice find for anybody looking for one....but then again I am sure there are atleast a few hundred too choose from out there...with the economy and all....lol......yeah yeah yeah

So fellow enthusiast...who like a few people lately exercises their opinion that these cars are not rare and are not valuable to a person like me who actually thinks our cars are worth more ....OMG..

Where do these idiots come from? I KNOW.... they are the ones who sell their cars short of a decent value because they just dont care ......because there are so many for the potential buyer to choose from

You say $12,500 like its a good deal. There are clean 87 GNs going for well under 10k because the market is down. It's not that people don't care its that so many people are selling to pay their bills, so there are a ton on the market. As far as a ton of buyers go you should know because no one has a lot of spare cash and those that do aren't spending it. Everyone that is in the market is trying to lowball sellers and trying to trade. Regardless how nice your limited is an 800 mile, Molly autographed GN from the Kirban's only sold for $29,900. The market is way down and you are going to be sitting on your limited for a long time at that price.

so going off the logic of there being less than 100 left, there must be less than 154.7 we4s left. Mine is the .7 from that number;)

I had a GN and a Limited at the same, I could drive the Limited and barely get a glance from other cars unless I spooled the turbo for them. With the GN it was the exact opposite,it always attracted attention. Sold the GN, still have the Limited. When I finally decide to buy a TB as a collector car that barely gets driven I will sell the Limited and buy a nice GN. In Phoenix there is a 2500-3000 difference in price with the GN being higher if you want a Turbo Buick.

Lets just let this thread die. I'm really tired of every single post by Slowcar getting everyone into a stupid debate on rarity like this.

SLOWCAR..... If you want, just start a thread about how rare Limiteds are and it can go on and on and on for pages. That way, your not pissing people off by littering threads and getting completely off topic. I do agree that Limiteds are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I really love them and think they are the coolest TB's out there but honestly and no pun intended, it just gets old reading a post about valve cover gaskets and then it gets into a debate about how rare Limiteds are.

This particular Limited is part of the family now and has become a great father-son project for my dad and I, I would like to just enjoy the restoration and not have to debate about it.;)

I have a 1987 Limited T,White w/blackout trim,crome bumpers,maroon interior
colum shift,No rear defogger,I love it.

John

Lets just let this thread die. I'm really tired of every single post by Slowcar getting everyone into a stupid debate on rarity like this.

Oh that's it you buick nazi, I'm starting a we4 thread:eek: ;)

What's the deal with this car you were talking about:confused: I need info. My buddy with the porshe was gettin a little excited seeing those GNs:cool:

HAHA! I got your text but was working on re-wiring Ben's GN and getting her all finished up. Forgot to text back. I'll give you the info tomorrow. I need to look up a number for it first. I'll call you tomorrow brother!

ttt

S65= 200k plus
CL65= 200k plus....... WOW

How could you spend that much on cars that will be worth a quarter of that price in about 7 years??? Some of those RARE GNX's would be a much better investment. With that type of disposable income around, you should have the baddest turbo buick available.....

Slowcars' Limited has'nt sold because, (like it or not), that car has low wow factor.

The combo with no chrome and blue/blackout is bland as hell. Sorry dude.:cool:

Oh and these guys have great memories. Hate car flippers who pretend to be collectors.

Opinions vary ...everyone has one

I have had a few chrome cars.....they are all very cool cars but a Metal blue car with a blackout package is far from bland or boring!! IMO the chrome cars are more boring in terms of the granny car ......besides this isn't 1988 my man ....any clean Turbo Regal you see on the road is a WOW factor buddy!!
I looked twice the other day at even a white 1987 run down piece of **** T i saw driving on the road.....

Funny ......

As for the CL65...I paid $39k for one and the S65 I paid $45k....I also just bought a 2007 S65 for $71k...(was $212k new) I own a GNX tribute car....I have owned a few GNX's in the past...right now...no GNX is worth what is was a couple of years ago....not just the economy but mostly the popularity is fading....GN's are actually becoming more popular among buyers now....more affordable and most people know of them

FLIPPER? good one.....I have lost money on every car I have sold on here or elsewhere involving a turbo regal....the cost of ownership and storage isnt cheap....

besides who the **** makes money on Turbo Regals? Maybe Dennis Kirban but he is a top enthusiast ....and I dont see anybody knocking on his door because of his profits ......my Limited was an ex kirban car.....

Attachments

• 23popcorn.jpg
    23popcorn.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 140
Back