You can type here any text you want

Frame Sag?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
You answered the question. If your ride height goes up on an unequal legnth control arms set up your tires will go to negitive camber, not positive. The shorter upper travels at a more extreme angle and the longer lower doesn't travel in the same arc so the tire goes negitive. That's why the spindle change going to caprice spindles gives you a better camber curve. It changes the arc of the control arms to a more simular one.

That might be a possibility but I don't think it rides high enough to make that much difference in angle, I think they were installed incorrectly. I'll install them myself and keep you posted.

I had someone install a set of the Gbodyparts.com top tubular control a-arms on my car that I bought from Mike Wolf and they are too short. Not by much but they pull the tops of the wheels in on both sides, I called Gbodyparts and they said my frame is sagging in the middle and it's pulling the top of the wheels in, they also said it was a common problem with these cars. Has anyone heard of this?

Not sure who you spoke with but I wouldn't tell you your frame is sagging.
Both sides are equal length so swapping left to right as previously posted would not change anything. Out of the amount we have sold (over2000 in 4 years) which have gone on all Gbodies & S-10's I think we have had a total of 4 sets returned.
2 sets the customer admitted the car had been wrecked. The other 2 I will not get into why :rolleyes:

I may have said it is common for the frames to be tweaked which alot of them are over the years. When your body bushings fail & your launching the car the Frame will endure stress. If you speak with any one who has done a frame off you'll see where the frame bushing holes are elongated or just plain worn out. We sell alot of frame repair washers for this very reason.

You may want to install the ball joint under the arm mounting plate if you have it installed on top. It will give you a little more length.

I'm also assuming the motor is in the car. It was also taken to a shop that does a 4 wheel alignment.

if you look at the arm, the balljoint can be incorrectly installed , leading to the arm being installed "upside down"

Back