Front Air Dam

Race Jace said:
this sounds great!! i especially like them 1" taller to help prevent air from going under the car. that sounds great put me down for two!!!

I'll take one also ..... how soon ? :)

George

Orange Air Dam for "Da Pumpkin"

JCotton said:
Pat, Wow..... I was just informed of this thread, had no idea. I am absolutely honored by your post and feeling a little bit "unworthy" of your comment. Nonetheless, it looks like a great product. I am up for installing that on the "Pumpkin",can you call me at the shop or PM me a number I can reach you at. I am sure I will have several orders to go along with this.

Jack, I find it awesome that you can be so humble. It would be very gratifying for me to see this air dam on the “pumpkin” :D .

Awsome!

I bought a 84/85 front air dam for my wife's t-type down at the Nats last year that had several holes in it that I'd have to fix and it's realy not what I wanted but there was no other choice!!!!

I'm glad we'll have a product now that will hide the intercooler pipes to all of us who have front mounts. It's a dead giveaway when you see the cars from the front!!! This will hide that for sure.

The front mounts get enough air from the grille area. Once you remove the stock location IC there is no point to having the gap in the front...

I'll take a look at the prototype next week when I'm working on your wife's floors for her GN Sam...

I'll be happy to toss this 84/85 in the garbage for the one you've got!!!

Thanks for making a great idea come to life!!!!

Scott~

If you wanted black...

Attachments

• blackairdam.jpg
    blackairdam.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 708
I think you will like this.

Neither Pat or I am very good with photo shop. But we did get a part made to our specifications today.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 671
Sweet Damn

Sam,
I got a first hand look at the air damn tonight.
It looks awesome!!!
It should be a big seller.
You know I have first dibs.
I will see you in Indy.
Nice Work!
Jason
AffordableGN

my85grandnation said:
How much are these going to cost?

We are moving forward with the hard tooling. As far as pricing goes, we are trying to make it fall with in the dollar amount every one on this thread recommended. When we get closer to having the hard tooling done, Pat is going to start talking to the vendors. Pricing is getting very close to being finalized.

Saw one in Cal Hartline's tent today, and it looks really, really nice. Did not pick it up and handle it, so can't comment on "feel" or stiffness, but it looks like it should have come on the 84-85 cars from GM :). Cal said he was going to try it on a car, but he had just finished thrashing his way through changing both his heads after cracking one from the middle spark plug hole up to the valve cover rail, across a ways and back down to the next plug hole and on to the edge of the deck, not to mention the 3/8" by 1/8" by about 1/4" deep hole in the squish area of the middle chamber along the crack. Hopefully Cal will have some time to test fit it tomorrow. Jack is also enthusiastic about getting the orange one for "Da Pumpkin". I have a nice 85 air dam on my 86 now, but when I get the car painted I want to get one of these; they look that good. Should be a winner, especially at Buick events where guys can pick them up to avoid the shipping. Thanks, Sam.

Sam

Hi Sam! I don't meat to hijack but just a quick question. Do you have a full side shot pic of this car you can send me? I am really wanting to go this route with these rims. please PM me. Sorry guy's! Scot w.
Sam Colalillo said:
and one more picture

I will need one myself

I just messed my air dam up driving over a cartoon in the road which I thought was a piece of foam, but since I was going too fast through a turn, found out it was liquid filled container of soap. Well that just gave me an excuse to get a front mount now :biggrin: . Please PM when you get them in.

awesome awesome awesome, cant wait till this is available! also the ones you produce will they be like the black one with the rolled out lip or like the orange one flat? I would prefer the black style one with the lower part rolled out just a touch, adds a little class/design to the air dam. also HOW MUCH! LOL. and will you be sole distributor thanks mike. at nailheadpoweredgs@sbcglobal.net.

ALso will you be making a setup for those of us with front mounts that use the cold air style setup for the air filter as i have the oval port on my drivers side to pull cool air into my air filter, this one piece i know is all solid but any possibility of mybe adding an intake port for the cold air setup?

look forward to buying one regardless as it will be nice to eliminate that trailer park looking gap in the middle. LOL.

put me down for one too,plz

I have the old Kenne-Bell ram air, now that I'm changing that and I have the cooool FM from Jason the car looks like an old woman with missing front teeth. So it looks great and put me down for one also.

Attachments

• DSC00895 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00895 (Medium).JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 513