You can type here any text you want

Front Coil Springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
It's not as bad as it looks in my pictures. Maybe only 1" less ground clearance than a stock a-arm. My car was extremely low when I took that picture. This might give a better idea.

Oh, okay. That makes sense. Thanks for the help Mike!

Scot,
I saw those in some other posts and looked them up. They are a few hundred $ more, but I know that Ridetech is nice stuff. But, I always pictured Ridetech as more Protouring type parts and not so much drag race parts. Correct me if I am wrong. I mean, you would think a coil over is a coil over, but I always associated them with cars like yours and not skinny tire 90% straightline cars... Also, I am trying to picture how it looks installed and how you would make the adjustments on the top knob. (or is that pic just a random one?)

Who knows when I will actually get around to doing the front. One little part needing replaced (in my case shocks, with a little lower ride height) snowballs into upper and lower tubular arms, coil overs, etc. Gets pricey in a hurry! And the damn car isn't even on the road yet!
Here is are a couple pictures showing the front shock adjustment knob on a customers Monte Carlo SS, they are pretty accessible in there stock locations.
b002.jpg photo2.jpg

A Coil-over is just a Coil-over, it doesn't know what application it is being used for.... The adjustability is the key when it comes to ANY application whether it be Handling or Drag Racing. The same coil-over can be used for either, it's the settings that will be totally different. The top adjustment knob on the Front ridetech coil-overs is actually pretty nice because it sticks through the upper a-arm and is pretty easy to get to for adjustments. I have a picture but I will have to find it...

They are a couple hundred $ more but you get what you pay for when it comes to coil overs. FOX racing has been around a very long time with coil-over shocks and now the two companies have teamed up to put that technology into vehicles! We just wanted to let it be known there is another alternative.

Back