You can type here any text you want

Front LS brakes onto my GN ???????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I recently purchased an extra pair of G-body spindles and rotors to hack up.
i also have a complete set of front LS brakes out of a 02 TA.
So where do i start?
OR
How do i / should i continue?
HELP
Who sells the bracket?
Which brake line do i use?
Do i need to replace the prop valve?
BTW the car already has Vacuum brakes.
thanks for your help.

Flynbye sells brackets and lines and the prop valve only needs to be changed for rear disks

There's also 1 site that offers the diagrams for free so you can make your own brackets David. Do a search for LS1 fromt brake conversion and I'm sure you'll find it.;)

There's also 1 site that offers the diagrams for free so you can make your own brackets David. Do a search for LS1 fromt brake conversion and I'm sure you'll find it.;)

most of search results are about rear conversions.
i also don't have the means to make a bracket.

most of search results are about rear conversions.
i also don't have the means to make a bracket.

buy a drill, a few drill bits, and an angle grinder and you will have the means to make the bracket..
but that's the easy part- you will need different drill bits and even some taps to modify the spindles..
you will also need a grinder and a lathe to cut your stock rotors down to make hubs..

i have a thread about how i put LS1 brakes on the front of my 86 Camaro, which uses a spindle that is very similar to the G body spindle except for the part that hooks up to the macpherson strut...

buy a drill, a few drill bits, and an angle grinder and you will have the means to make the bracket..
but that's the easy part- you will need different drill bits and even some taps to modify the spindles..
you will also need a grinder and a lathe to cut your stock rotors down to make hubs..

I have a thread about how i put LS1 brakes on the front of my 86 Camaro, which uses a spindle that is very similar to the G body spindle except for the part that hooks up to the macpherson strut...

I have read your thread a few times.
I found the brackets with the hardware @ Flynbye (thanks Howling Mad )

I did them on my car as well really not that hard just take your time. Good luck getting in touch with Ed from flynbye but if you can , his kit is nice. I think I have some instructions somewhere. Ill try to find them and post them up. I actually and changing over to the blazer spindle and put c6 brakes on my car now. I'm gonna do a write up on them at some point , but if u want a bigger brake setup on the cheap, u could always use the ls1 calipers blazer spindles kore3 adapter brackets and corvette abutment brackets. Lots less work as its all bolt on and 13" brakes. Joel

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Found the instructions. Pm me if u want a copy. Don't know if I should post as they are not mine. Joel

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back