Front seal leak and other issues

NJVetteGuy

I'd rather be racing...
I finally got a new actuator on my T so I was finally able to get more than 7 lbs of boost. While driving the car tonight and enjoying the newfound power, I decided to stay in it and see how she pulled. I was rewarded with a huge cloud of smoke from tranny fluid dripping on my headers from the front seal. The trans is supposedly rebuilt, and shifted flawlessly, but the converter in the car felt very doggy for a 3k stall. I had slow spool, which I originally attributed to the Hooker super comps that are on the car(that's how I bought it). I'm thinking that the converter itself may be bad, which could have killed the front seal, but I'll know for sure when I tear this sucker down. Who makes decent converters for our cars? I want around 32-3400 stall, preferably with at least a 2.6 STR or higher. I don't like Yanks after seeing what happens in the 4L60 trannys in LS1 cars. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Artie

You know that you can't beat a 9-11. (If it is possible, I'd sure like to hear how).

Was the drain back hole drilled in your pump?

Unfortunately, the trans was rebuilt by a shop of unknown whereabouts(previous owner). I will have it down tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if it was even the wrong pump given some of the 1/2-arsed work that I have already redone on the car since I bought it. Where do you get one of the 9-11s? I am coming from the LS1 world where it's Vig(PI), Yank and Pro-Torque.