You can type here any text you want

Front shock removal?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
My question is when I go to pull the front shocks do I have to worry about the springs popping out like the rear, or will the springs stay in place after the shocks come out, thanks for any help in advance I'm tired of hearing the tire scrap my wheel well

on the front just raise the car by the frame enough so the shock can be removed from the bottom
unbolt the top of shock unbolt bottom and they can be dropped out without worry about upsetting the spring
keep and reuse your old lower shock bolts , dont use ones that come with bilstiens they are metric and the cage nuts in the lower control arms are SAE

on the front just raise the car by the frame enough so the shock can be removed from the bottom
unbolt the top of shock unbolt bottom and they can be dropped out without worry about upsetting the spring
keep and reuse your old lower shock bolts , dont use ones that come with bilstiens they are metric and the cage nuts in the lower control arms are SAE
Thanks, sounds pretty simple

why do you think you need to worry about the rear springs popping out if you take the shock off? yeah, you can get the rear springs out with the shocks removed, but it still generally requires a pry bar..

Back