You can type here any text you want

Front sway bar??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dees75z

Is this a must??? Planning on just running the car at the track and at "other"(dragrace) events. Can I get rid of this and get away with it?? How much does it affect the handling of the car??

Thanks,
dee:biggrin:

I run mine without, but I have a H&R pro kit and swaybar which helps immensely.Don't even notice its off. Never tried it off without the H&R. Don't think I would, the stock swaybar doesn't help in any situation. HTH

Ditto on waddell's comment:) HR bar also keeps the front end from twisting too. Highly recommended.
everybodys car reacts a little differently to mods, but in general id say to just remove it and see how the car reacts.

Is this a must??? Planning on just running the car at the track and at "other"(dragrace) events. Can I get rid of this and get away with it?? How much does it affect the handling of the car??

Thanks,
dee:biggrin:

If you drive it on the street, leave it on or stay away from me and my family driving down the road. Seriously though, cars without front swaybars are all over the road and drive "wobbly." If it is a STRICTLY strip car, take it off.

I have the big ATR rear sway bar and no front sway bar and my car handles the same as it did with the 2 stock sway bars it came with.

I have the big ATR rear sway bar and no front sway bar and my car handles the same as it did with the 2 stock sway bars it came with.

x2

I always forget that I don't have a front bar on. I think if you have sloppy ball joints, worn tie rods, bad control arm bushings etc. then yes, by removing the front sway bar it will magnify those problems and make the car sloppy. I have all new suspension including poly body bushings, the FT 1 3/8 rear bar and no front sway bar and there is no way my car is sloppy or unsafe on the street. :) Now, when I had a 3"+ drop by torched springs and 3 1/2" front runners well............:eek:

Thanks guys this really helps me!!! I was having a debate on taking it off or not but this cures everything up for me!! This is not a DD it will mostly be driven/trailered to a from track. Maybe some weekend nights and that is about it. Thanks SOOOO much!!!!

Back