Ft lbs of torque

SoGrand

I have an RA 93 chip, EX fuel pump, volt booster. Had a free chance at a dyno pull. I didn't have a tach so the operator went by ear the best he could. He hit 220 hp and said I was pushing 519 lb ft of torque. Does that sound right? Seems like a lot of torque for just a chip and pump change!

rpm by EAR! ...youre fn kidding me right

it was free .... i think you should get your money back
I'm no saying this was the correct way of doing the pull, I just was asking that at about 220 hp, according to the printout shown after the pull, does the lb ft of torque sound close to being right, 519? All I was doing was to get an Idea of what the car had in it at this time with the little bit of help from the three items that were in the car? Don't mean to get anyone upset that it was not the way to do this. I told him to take his best guess at the rpm sound being he does a lot of pull a week.

If the converter was locked you could get that number, usually at much higher boost than a 93 chip will allow you to run.

So I'd say your results are pretty bogus. :(

If the converter was locked you could get that number, usually at much higher boost than a 93 chip will allow you to run.

So I'd say your results are pretty bogus. :(
Got it! The boost is set at 15. Talk about bursting bubbles!!

Clear case of input error. Don't think you should go to them again, even if it's free.

Got it! The boost is set at 15. Talk about bursting bubbles!!
Thanks Mr B. What would you consider to be the next best several moves then to bring up the hp torque etc. one fellow said 60# inj and a different chip. How do you know what chip would go with this lb inj? Pypes exhaust is coming. Does a torque converter finish this segment or is the stock TV still ok?

Slow down on adding parts. Find someone near you that knows these cars and have them look at what has been done to it already. Read,read ,read, and then read some more. Figure out your goals with the car and then work on a combo for those goals. Do the spring cleaning, then the normal add ons...fuel pump/ with hot wire, Scanmaster, Power logger if you can swing it, fuel pressure regulator, FP gauge, a modern chip and injectors. ALKY would be the best bang for the buck after that ,then you will find out the longevity of your transmission with the added power.
Take your time ....or you will be learning how to install head gaskets or pull the engine. These cars can be (are) a bitch at times.

Bryan

Before you go throwing parts at it determine your goals and budget.

Before you go throwing parts at it determine your goals and budget.
Thanks for all the concerns . I don' know how much I am able to post at one time? A relatively long post would give any readers the gist of where I am and would like to be even though I'm 64. Got a couple grand to play with as long As the wife eases up the pressure of her leg on the door of the safe! That's harder then doing the mods!

Large posts with run on sentences are the norm here. ;):p:bookworm:
I live on the coast of Central Jersey in Metuchen/ Woodbridge area. Cannot find anyone in the area that knows these cars. The only shop that worked on them closed down 13 years ago. No internet or phone book sightings. The only shop that shows up is tune time performance in Toms River NJ. I'm guessing about 50 miles one way.
Have pages and pages of note from all kinds of builds form many guys all spouting numbers that only an engineer can understand.
Car is all original, paint, tires, interior etc. only changes were the radiator which I had the original tanks recored, and the exhaust system that was rotted. My son had the little extras in my signature put in when he owned the car. Got married, kids, house - torture of life.
Get many comments from the older guys at the shows that new the car way back.
Not looking for 600 hp but the best I can do while keeping the stock look. Many guys put down 30 mods but don't seem to come up to the hp and torque of guys with much less. Maybe they aren't really matching systems that work together? Don't know.
Yea monies are tight except what I can squeeze out of the safe with my wife's leg against the door. That's what happens when you retire.
At the shows I seem to get surrounded by new stangs showing their high powered ponies. They keep to themselves like the GN never existed. No Respect I tell ya!
So that's why I try to ask for help from day one. All you guys have been thru it for years. I don't have those years.
Doesn't using alky a lot ruin the engine with the high combustion pressures and heat?

Their are Many many many good turbo Buick guys in Jersey...post in the north east section....!!
Someone will help you out for sure..

There are plenty of TB people in your area.

Get ahold of cottons performance. They are good people and will treat you right.