You can type here any text you want

Fuel Pressure goes to 0

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MCH86GN

My pressure goes to zero slowly once my car is shutdown. However, it holds steady at idle and goes up when I'm driving and more importantly goes up under boost. Just wondering why it goes to zero. I checked for leaks around the rail and nothing. I just installed new injectors. I have already blew a headgasket and broke the crank. I don't want anymore of this and I'm being extremely cautious, but I don't plan on babying the car forever. I do plan on opening it up.
Thanks,
Charles

Check valve in fuel pump or leaking injector. how long does it take to drop to zero. Does it have an extended crank?

bleed down

My car has always lost fuel pressure when it sets.(not running0 just put new fuel pump in last week same as old one about 20 minutes bleeds off .I just assumed with no vacuum on the engine and no fuel being pumped it returned the fuel to the tank via return line.I have never felt any ill effects because of it that I'm aware of.

My car has always lost fuel pressure when it sets.(not running0 just put new fuel pump in last week same as old one about 20 minutes bleeds off .I just assumed with no vacuum on the engine and no fuel being pumped it returned the fuel to the tank via return line.I have never felt any ill effects because of it that I'm aware of.

Mine just started. It sounds like there is an issue the check valve. Now if the check valve is in the fuel pump, you should no longer see this issue. I guess. It is bothersome to me because it didn't exist before and I had a shop do some work and it started. Not saying they had anything to do with it. I guess important thing is, it hold the pressure steady when at idle and under boost it jumps up as I would expect.

I have been having this "bleed down" problem since my rebuild and just remembered I ported my FP regulator passages due to adding a new Aeromotive pump. Even though I replaced the stock diameter seat with a larger seat, it may not seal as good as stock so still loses pressure pretty quick...

Back