You can type here any text you want

Fuel Pressure Transducer

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I've had my SSI transducers on my car for 5 years now and no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another alternative worth mentioning. The AEM sensors are probably are of equal quality. I been using these as well for the same time duration without any failures. They have a few more ranges that are not available in the SSI sensors. For example they offer a 0-500 psi that is good for transmission line pressure where a 0-200 may get maxed out. The only major difference is they use a 5v supply voltage where as the SSI use a 12V supply.

If you look under the "specs" tab you will see these are vibration rated from 100-2000hz at 20G's in all three orthogonal axis. This is not to far off aerospace testing.
http://www.aemelectronics.com/produ...pressure-sensors/stainless-steel-psig-sensors

I don't have the SSI part number handy but it looks like the SSI have been subjected to and/or rated for the same vibration levels. I suspect the low cost sensors have not been tested to these standards.
http://www.ssi-sensors.com/pdfs/Pressure Sensors/P61/PS-AN16_PRESSURE_TEMPERATURE OVERVIEW.pdf
AG.

It would be better to remote mount the transducer to get away from engine vibration......Something I have yet to do .

I have a transformer to convert 12vdc to 5vdc brands new for $30 shipped

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    820 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    855.1 KB · Views: 146
I was looking for the SSI part numbers --- are you saying the Summit ones from FAST(307062) are the SSI ones?

Last edited:
Yes but would likely cost to much money. We would have to make a mounting fixture for the sensor the best replicates the actual mounting but also doesn't induce any resonance into the test unit.
AG.

I know this thread is a little old, but was anyone able to confirm if that FAST sensor from Summit is still SSI? For the same monies as the other junk, I'd definitely buy this piece. And I assume it would work with a Power Logger as well as an XFI, right? I didn't see on Summit's site where it said it was 0-5vdc.

I know this thread is a little old, but was anyone able to confirm if that FAST sensor from Summit is still SSI? For the same monies as the other junk, I'd definitely buy this piece. And I assume it would work with a Power Logger as well as an XFI, right? I didn't see on Summit's site where it said it was 0-5vdc.

I believe Bison sells the SSI transducers now .

It would be better to remote mount the transducer to get away from engine vibration......Something I have yet to do .

i've worked instrumentation in aviation for over 20 yrs, hard mounting any transducer no matter how good quality they are will reduce the lifespan. cheaper ones go faster thou. a good quality sensor like the sis will last quiet awhile if remotely mounted, we swap ours out an recalibrate often in aviation.

Back