You can type here any text you want

FYI Walbro Fuel pump change

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike Licht

I was here first
The GSS340 and GSS340M pumps that we have used for so long are no more. Walbro has updated them to a new version that has the same flow and internals but an offset inlet and different style sock for better fit in GM cars. We have tested and verified they are the same performance.

Mike Licht

So what's the part number now? Also, I was looking at a magazine the other day and noticed that the GS341 flowed more than the 340's. Whats the difference between the pumps?

Originally posted by gokada
So what's the part number now? Also, I was looking at a magazine the other day and noticed that the GS341 flowed more than the 340's. Whats the difference between the pumps?

ttt for Gerald :)

Gerald, I have a brand new double pumper if you need one. Free shipping if you wait until I come out in the summer :D :cool:

So Mike, does this mean they are better for GNs now, than before? Easier, harder to install? ;)

New part number is F20000169 for the pump. There is also a new install kit. I've been told the GSS340 is still available.

Originally posted by c&cgn
ttt for Gerald :)

Gerald, I have a brand new double pumper if you need one. Free shipping if you wait until I come out in the summer :D :cool:

Thanks Clayton.

I was just asking for informational purposes. I read that the GS341 used in supras are supposed to out flow the 340 by a large margin. I was checking to see if it could fit in the tanks too.

That is the new pump, new kit is 400-1016. Looks to me like the install will be the same on a GN and Easier on other GM cars. New pump same guts as 340, 341, 342, and 340M. All flow the same.
341 and 342 are used in Imports and Fords. 340 in now the chryler pump with a new install kit and the new pump is for most GM applications

Mike

Back