G body's 18" x 9" GN wheel & BAER brakes????

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
I have a customer that Just has to have these wheels on his car and wants to know if they will clear the BAER Track 4 4-piston front brakes? and the SS4 Rear brakes...

For the ones who have already tried it please let me know if these wheels were made to clear aftermarket brake systems ... Thanks!

call Baer brakes, as I sent a set of 18 and a 19in rims to him so he could test fit them,
he will know what fits, and what doesn't

They did not clear the Track 4 calipers on the front. We had to use 1/8 inch spacer to get them to fit.

The wheel would rub the caliper badly without it.

This was on a modified stock spindle and you will need 3 inch long studs to bolt them up correctly. Stock length will not work.

Just tell Rick to bring up all the stuff he went through with us. He will know what to do. He was very good about us being happy with all of it. And yes the brakes are excellent.

call Baer brakes, as I sent a set of 18 and a 19in rims to him so he could test fit them,
he will know what fits, and what doesn't
cruzn57 it's a shocker to see you as the first to respond to a G-Body post... LOL As usual Very helpful !

I'm retired . its cold here ( so I don't go in the garage) , and I have nothing to do except play on the "puter"

Brian, asked me to send Rick at Baer some wheels, so he could see what fit, and what "could" fit.

not to hi jack the thread, but there are "other " uses for GNX wheels, (A body's)
DSC07427.JPG

Okay,

As in the past I like to be helpful with my posts for others to see in hopes it can help them out.... So after seeing this thread, Rick @ BAER reached out to me yesterday with some good information... Yes they tested the 18's & 19's and they said all of their brakes fit them except their Extreme brake systems. Now we know that Reggie had an issue with his and we don't know if anything was changed in the mold process but cast wheels will and Do vary to some degree so with that said there are gonna be some of these wheels out there that "Will" clear the brake calipers and there will be some that do not. Like Reggie did, simply add a 1/8" spacer and add 3" studs and you will be fine...