Garage Advice new Build

Why 3/4 and not 1/2" I read the 3/4" is a PIA to straighten from a coil?

150 ft of line and I didn’t want to deal with any drop in pressure plus it holds more air in 3/4. It wasn’t bad straightening it out and this stuff is pretty easy to run with no leaks when I pressurized it.

I also found a deal on amazon at $153 per kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I would put a 50' cord reel near the garage door . I have 2 in mine and going to add a 3rd on the far side of my lift . I can't count how many times I used both air & electric just outside the garage door and had the reels right there . The Harbor Freight hose reel has worked great for over 5 years , I just swapped out the cheap hose that comes with it to a Flexziilla hose .

Finally got the ole girl put into the shop tonight!
4a1551516c0b02a221e9b599d2c0644a.jpg

Well the floor is in!! The fun stuff begins

Attachments

• 0116191933.jpg
    0116191933.jpg
    837.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 0116192007.jpg
    0116192007.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
Stephan how is the Buick Bomb Shelter coming along? I see the weather has not been all that great on the east coast lately hopefully you got everything under roof before the snow came?

Cyclops I just noticed you were framing the place on Nov 28 and had the place wired with the lift in come Jan 5! Your guys dont mess around, although I take your down South were weather is less of an issue this time of the year? How does it look from the outside shop looks like it turned out really nice.

We ended up with a 5" slab and a 4000psi mix. I dug out the pads for the two post and they are 6-8" thick. I have researched what to put on the floor and settled on Ghostshield 4500 densifier in 28 days followed by Ghostshield 8510 sealer 7 days after that. Both take one coat and can be applied with a garden sprayer and will make the concrete impervious to oil spills etc. I read some pretty good reviews on it on GJ so hopefully it works like everyone says.

I can't wait to get the heated floor up and running!

Hope to wrap up electrical this weekend to get the inspection completed then we can start moving forward on insulation and walls.

Stephan how is the Buick Bomb Shelter coming along? I see the weather has not been all that great on the east coast lately hopefully you got everything under roof before the snow came?

Cyclops I just noticed you were framing the place on Nov 28 and had the place wired with the lift in come Jan 5! Your guys dont mess around, although I take your down South were weather is less of an issue this time of the year? How does it look from the outside shop looks like it turned out really nice.

I’m right on the coast in Alabama. We don’t deal with winter as much but we have long spurts of rain. The building crew didn’t play once they were started! The electrician is a good friend of mine so we knocked that out over a weekend.

Having the right equipment for the job makes life so much easier lol

4ffe08af2ecffae32c1a1488cba6a454.jpg
1fa037298b29eee9afc9f5bd1a94241f.jpg

We ended up with a 5" slab and a 4000psi mix. I dug out the pads for the two post and they are 6-8" thick. I have researched what to put on the floor and settled on Ghostshield 4500 densifier in 28 days followed by Ghostshield 8510 sealer 7 days after that. Both take one coat and can be applied with a garden sprayer and will make the concrete impervious to oil spills etc. I read some pretty good reviews on it on GJ so hopefully it works like everyone says.

I can't wait to get the heated floor up and running!

Hope to wrap up electrical this weekend to get the inspection completed then we can start moving forward on insulation and walls.
Do you have any circuits run for welders , cord reels and maybe a ceiling fan??

That heated floor is a checkmate, you are going to be really glad you did it.
Yeah I am pretty happy I pulled the trigger on that with the new space it is 1800sqft to heat and will be much cheaper and warmer with the radiant heat. I have a Modine Hot Dawg heater in the current garage already and originally planned to just install a second one in the new space. By the time I added up what I would have in purchasing the modine heater and installing it, it was close to the same $$ to put the heated floor in. I have $1200 in material to put the floor in and the Modine would have been close to $1000. The additional cost will come from the pump, manifold and boiler. Me and another guy installed the floor all in one day, it was a long one!

I ran a dedicated 220 line for the welder and will have an entire SS counter for metal fab work. I am putting a rapidair system on the ceiling with a hose reel and three drop downs. I had a ceiling fan planned but it got nicked with the location of the lift but now that I moved the lift 180* I can now put the 7' ceiling fan back in.

I ran a dedicated 220 line for the welder and will have an entire SS counter for metal fab work. I am putting a rapidair system on the ceiling with a hose reel and three drop downs. I had a ceiling fan planned but it got nicked with the location of the lift but now that I moved the lift 180* I can now put the 7' ceiling fan back in.

I have some left over materials for 3/4 rapidair

Looks great Chris.
Stefan is not progressing as fast, he can fill in more - but weather has not been cooperative, and immediate forecast is for worse ((I'm sort up-to-speed since his WE4 is a squatter at my place :rolleyes:)

Electrical inspection is done along with staircase and attic which didn't take long to fill with shit lol! We put a walkway into the old garage attic which has a pull down ladder so now I can just walk all the crap over to the new attic without having to haul it down a ladder!

Attachments

• 0123191500.jpg
    0123191500.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 0123191500b.jpg
    0123191500b.jpg
    829.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 0123191901.jpg
    0123191901.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 95
  • 0123192038.jpg
    0123192038.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
This ought to keep us busy this weekend!

Attachments

• 27127.jpeg
    27127.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 0121191917.jpg
    0121191917.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • 0121191917a.jpg
    0121191917a.jpg
    661.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 0123191500a.jpg
    0123191500a.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
Well my update we had sub zero temps this weekend and some of the tar paper came off the roof. It was replaced yesterday. The old concrete pad was cut with a diamond blade for a straight cut. Expansion joint will be added. All the stone has been placed might be actually able to get some concrete down Monday/Tuesday with temps reaching 40’s and dry. My original garage was 20x 24 and now is 28’x 36’ with a second floor. Room upstairs will be 20x21 and will have another room over the lift area or just close it up for an attic. Not sure yet I just want it to get to the point so the township inspector can sign off on it. They are so strict with the sq footage and they don’t want the upstairs to be a living quarters. So every thing is being presented as unfinished to get past that. Lucky the next couple weeks my GN that is here will be sitting at the Philadelphia 2019 Auto Show downtown. My WE4 is squatting in Mark’s garage for the winter!