Gen2 translater

Heath

Elroyjr
Does anyone have the new translater from fullthrottle? I am having some tuning problems needed a little help.
3.5 LS1 maf
Generation2 Translater
Any help would be appreciated.

Book em Dano

Got it love it. Still learning.. the manual has some errors. I had to call and have Mike walk through the set up. I could not access the set up screen. The instructions were WRONG

call if you like I will do my best 239.225.5542
Bobby

Thanks! Turbo Bob emailed and pointed out the error. If his advise doesn't work, I may have to take you up on your offer.

Hi, could you tell me what the error in the manual was, I want to fix it before we run the next batch.

Bob

TurboBob said:
Hi, could you tell me what the error in the manual was, I want to fix it before we run the next batch.

Bob
I would like to know what the error was as well. I have one that I purchased at the Nats but not installed yet. Thx

Manual

I do not have the book in front of me, but the instructions for getting into the mode to set the trans. for a particular car are all wrong. The words that are supposed to appear do not and if memory serves, you have to use the range button to set rather the the ones specified in the manual. I will try to look at it tommorrow and be more specific. :cool:

Question Gen II

in parameter 9 you just add all the desired functions together??

I.E. DFCO ON =8+Fan Race=4+TCC @60=3 for an input of 15? and to disable fan race mode only(-4) and change that # to 11?
and consequetly DFCO off and fan race on plus TCC @ 60 would be 7?

Thanks,
Bobby

Holy encoded message Batman!

yup, just drove it seems like that is the program.... do not want to even know why that works :) its all Greek to me

Mine works great, other than I'm waiting on a new WB O2 sensor before I can actually tune with it. The instructions could probably use a warning about not leaving a Turbolink boost sensing harness hooked up to the car if using the Gen 2 Translator in conjunction with the 'G' Extender. You get some pretty crazy WOT timing that way :eek:

Thanks again to Full Throttle Speed for giving me a great door prize in BG :biggrin:

bilt2run said:
yup, just drove it seems like that is the program.... do not want to even know why that works :) its all Greek to me

hehe, it a computer programming trick, there's only one way the numbers can add up given the choices, so given the total sum, the 3 selections can be determined, uses only 4 bits of storage that way instead of 12 total bits...hehe..that confused you even more probably.

Timing Question

I actually figured out the way the numbers could only sum up certain ways like less than 4, greater than 4 but less than 8 ect. but how the hell the ECM figures it out makes my head hurt.

When using the extender chip is the timing displayed added to the base buick parameters or the actual total timing. I am thinking that it is total timing ...

New thought... or, does the ECM run stock(programed chip) Timing and then switch to the GEN II's numbers, soley (not added to chip data), over th 6 PSI boost threshold...If so I need to pump it up :eek:

The ECM runs the standard Extender timing curve at part and mid throttle. The software then "blends" from that to the programmed value as the boost climbs from about 6 psi to about 13 psi. Above 13 psi you are basically running what you have set in the Gen 2 (Translator Pro too)

The timing numbers shown on the scanmaster or other scantool are correct.

lovin it

Thanks for the info!...where can you see actual timing via the scanmaster?
I am up to 25 degrees in all the parameters and show no KR @ 35PSI, Razor's set on 6. My 02 #'s did go from 841 to 760 which I feel should be right on .
Is it advisable to continue raising timing for a "race only" setting. I still have to yet install my v1 and Dpumper. However, I want to get some track time for actual comparisons. I may not need the additional parts, as I am only shooting for 10.999999 in the 1/4. :)

you need the enhanced datastream in your chip to see timing on the scanmaster. It is parameter SP.

I would stop at 25 degrees, why tempt fate......?

Bob

Just got my chip from full throttle it is th 050Tunerpro enhanced G should that display it? 25 is feeling good then... thanks for the input :)

bilt2run said:
I do not have the book in front of me, but the instructions for getting into the mode to set the trans. for a particular car are all wrong. The words that are supposed to appear do not and if memory serves, you have to use the range button to set rather the the ones specified in the manual. I will try to look at it tommorrow and be more specific. :cool:
There actually is NOT an error. The confusion came from the fact that you were trying to get into the config screen and when the unit is first powered up and never been programed it will automaticlly go there. When we talked on the phone you had told me you had changed some things and I did not rtealize you were already there by default
Mike

The manual states on page 7: To enable access to the Config. page you hold down the PG button for 10 seconds until the display shows "Config Enabled" Mine has never done this and the access to that screen was finally achieved through use of the range button :rolleyes:

Interestingly, that specific point is being fixed in the next version.

The "hold the button for 10 sec" thing was intended to prevent guys from accidentally changing a configuration. However it is the most non-intuitive element of the user interface.

So, we are removing that so the Config menu is accessed just like the other pages.....

The user manual has been updated as well.

Bob

So, I must have the old manual with the error. Does the chip FT sold me have the ability to show the timing (Extender Extreme G)