Gen2 translater

I can email you the new one, but it isn't much different.... :)

What is the chip number?

What version scanmaster do you have?

B

you have a stock (S) datastream chip.

To display the spark advance on your Scanmaster 2.1 you need W or Z.

W is high speed (updates O2 and Knock 3x faster than stock), but is not compatible with ordinary scantools (OTC, etc). Malfunction codes are not transmitted.

Z is a stock speed datastream, with Pulsewidth and spark advance. It will work with ordinary scantools.

Bob

TurboBob said:
you have a stock (S) datastream chip.

To display the spark advance on your Scanmaster 2.1 you need W or Z.

W is high speed (updates O2 and Knock 3x faster than stock), but is not compatible with ordinary scantools (OTC, etc). Malfunction codes are not transmitted.

Z is a stock speed datastream, with Pulsewidth and spark advance. It will work with ordinary scantools.

Bob

Bob,
I did'nt know the W chip did'nt show malfunction codes. What should we use to got them? Besides trying to count the SES lights. I don't have Turbo Link, got Direct Scan, but I think that won't help.

DS will get them.

Or you can swap chips back to a stocker, and key-on without starting and read the codes.

B

TurboBob said:
DS will get them.

Or you can swap chips back to a stocker, and key-on without starting and read the codes.

B

Looked thur the DS manual, where would I go to find them?

Is there any way to clear Mal codes with ou resetting the TT chip to defaults? Mine throws code 44 every now and again after cold starts then the Check engine light goes right back off till next time.

bilt2run,
Unfortunately you'll have to put your settings back in when you reset the ECM. Although, are you sure its a code 44? Code 44 is not allowed on a cold start since its not in closed loop yet.

Regards,
Eric

It usually comes on for a second(C.E. light) right after going to closed loop. The 02's show 016 036 then correct to normal. It looks(acts) the same as when lean cruise engages but I am usually still in my neighborhood @ part throttle 35 MPH or so. Once the 02's correct the light goes off. Only does it every now and again and only after the car has sat overnight and is warming from stone cold.

Hmm, is that an older TT chip? Shoot me an email with your name so I can look up the file. I can get you fixed up.

Regards,
Eric

Don't think so, I just bought it from full throttle about 1 month ago.
My name is Robert Rapp. Thanks for your help!