Getting engine bay parts powdercoated black, checking the list!

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
This is for my charcoal T:
I have a list of items that i will be powdercoating for under the hood.

If you have any suggestions of parts that i should get done, i would really really appreciate it.
Since the engine is out of the car, its kind of tough to see what all i need done until its too late. I try to do things once.

Ok, here is what ive thought of, and pics of whats under the hood.

GN1 valve covers
valve cover bolts
lower intake
cruise bracket <----- i need to buy a non rusty one
fuel rail
ac brackets, front back of alt, and large aluminum chunk part
ps bracket for reservior
relay covers
coolant hard lines on top of ps side intake
metal pressure hoses 5 that attach to piece above the throttle body
reciever drier
intake bolts
tps screws
throttle body bracket
water pump pulley and bolts
trans tube
ps cap that goes over the ps cap
turbo bracket

What else?
I bought new ac lines, compressor, and tensioner at rock auto
Anything else?
Thanks for the help
BW

Attachments

• powdercoat parts info 001.jpg
    powdercoat parts info 001.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 339
  • powdercoat parts info 002.jpg
    powdercoat parts info 002.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 348
You think i should powdercoat the large chrome radiator hold down piece?

I have a chrome alternator, so i need to pcoat the alt fan and pulley

BW:)

Great ideas guys, keep them coming.

I wouldnt have thought of the wiper linkage:biggrin:
And i forgot about the fuel rail bolts!

Thanks for the tips...

BW

I dont think it can be done with powdercoat, but the blower motor could be painted. I would personally have every nut and bolt done on the engine. It sucks having a nice looking engine, only to see some crappy looking bolts

I dont think it can be done with powdercoat, but the blower motor could be painted. I would personally have every nut and bolt done on the engine. It sucks having a nice looking engine, only to see some crappy looking bolts

I bought a new motor, and it came in flat. So now i have to tear it apart and blast it. ect....

Its coming along, all the bolts were removed and the project is working backwards right now.

Hope to have it done next week.

BW

Just remember that your car loves "grounds". I have had my experience troubleshooting electrical issues because of poor grounding after a "powdercoating bonanza" with a new engine install. Just my 2 cents.

I’m not sure how well the desiccant in the receiver would hold up to the powdercoat bake. Lots of threads to keep clean also.

I’ve never tried an anti-sway bar; but it might flake the coat off when it bends.

You might have better luck than I do; but I don’t like the look of bolt heads that have the powdercoat broken off; leaving part coated, and part rusty.

Hood hinges, hood spring, fender corner braces, inner fender to core support braces, Hood support (gas shock) brackets. Power master motor mounting hardware. I've done wheelwell moldings in satin black and they turned out killer (never have to paint them again)!!!

Dave

We have powder coated springs for Honda. I say it will work on a sway baror spring. It must have pretreat for bite/adhesion.
Some powders will flex more than others with out giving up.