You can type here any text you want

Ghost Horn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
The wife woke me up early this morning. Said a horn was going off. I looked out the window and looked at our daily drivers. Hit the door lock fobs on both the cars. Was not coming from them. Went to the garage and the Buicks horn was going off. Not like a factory alarm when the horn goes on and off. This was on constantly. Hit the key fob........it has a viper alarm with door locks. That was not it. Hit the horn button and it stopped. I took off the battery for now. Any ideas.......other than ghosts.

Just a problem with the horn button or harness in the steering wheel side of the column its self.....the horn relay could stick, but rare....the horn relay is in the junction box with the chime module between radio and cluster behind dash.

pacecarta: Have you seen this problem before with the cam? Are they a generic part? Is the cam just under the steering wheel?
gary: would the horn go off by itself if it is the horn button? I could understand if it stuck when I was pressing the horn button.....but just going off by itself?

The cam isn't an issue IMHO....the issue is the small piece(name?) That looks like and old glass fuse holder that rides on the cam.
You need a steering wheel puller set and some patience to work on a column.....
But first, when its blowing, unhook the long turn signal plug under column, that will tell you column or relay.

I have seen alarms go off when the car battery is starting to go bad ( lose voltage ) being around the used car business seen it quit a bit actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've also seen the foam in the horn ring break down and close the contacts.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back