GN dies on freeway at 70mph

I'm having the exact same issue when I run my car on a hot (for Canada) day. Once I run it up a few times, I can't find the problem. But after a hard dash and some fooling around on the highway, I've had to coast into gas stations after a few nasty backfires (scary) and towed it home and it starts up the next morning. (note: this was last summer and there were posts on here about it)

I have replaced a lot of stuff, but I'm leaning towards the timing chain now. I'm wondering if the cam and crank sensors can get somewhat out of phase after too much slack. I've replaced the cam and crank sensor. I've replaced the coilpacks and the ignition module a few years ago and it just started doing this last summer.

Since last summer I've kept the boost under 15 and if I don't run it really hard, I haven't seen the issue since. I'm planning to change the timing chain and get on it again to find the faults.

Best of luck, I'll be watching your post to see what happens.

So was it the new crank sensor that eventually solved your problems? Have much have you driven the car since? I'm having similar issues and would like to know what you did to cure your problem.

Guys, after chasing this thing around for quite a while, and four tow truck bills, I think we've found the problem. My mechanic load tested the battery and found under load the battery was dropping as low as 9vdc. That was from a new battery. Go figure. This would certainly cause the problem, if it is the problem. I've been driving the car around in 92* heat to see if I can get another failure, but all is well so far. I'm going to take the car out and run it out for a 50 mile drive tonight and see how she does. I've been all over town, stop and go, shutting her down, and letting her heat soak, and so far she has ran flawlessly.

So to recap, what I did was insulate the starter and fuseable link wires to the starter. I have replaced the starter and solenoid, and the final step was to replace the batter (Napa battery under warranty). Lets hope this was the cause, because if it isn't I will have to go into the wiring harness and start replacing wiring harness. All hard parts have been tested. Keep your legs...I mean fingers crossed, and wish me luck... :D