GN1 Performance New Headers

1991syclone

Has anyone tried the new GN1 Headers? Different design, they go common at the turbo. From what I hear they are mid priced. Anybody know about fit, ect. Thanks

Some EBay headers either hit the flywheel and must be cut and rewelded and also they move the turbo back and up which tweaks everything.

There are a few different vendors out there and one company had to do a replacement on the pass side header due to "Issues" with the original stuff.

Also bolt hole issues and crap welds with all the ebay stuff.

FWIW u get what u pay for.

The price is great and there has been some hype on "ebay headers" alot lately on the boards.
On my recent header purchase I researched my Choice and went with the TA headers due to the hit and miss quality fit and finish of the ebay stuff.

Call him and discuss your questions and concerns. I bought a front mount intercooler from him that I am very pleased with the workmanship so far. He seems like a very credible guy who knows turbo buicks quite well. His brother had a record holding GN at one time. HTH
MLH

GN1Performance IS NOT a vendor for TurboBuick.com! I bought something off ebay from them and did not like the way things where handled AFTER I left feedback. I have heard other "rumors" as to business practice's, I can not confirm them so will not go there. Just remember they are not on our Vendor list!

Thanks for your responses.
I know he has a store on Ebay and a webpage. I am running his downpipe (replaced my BGC unit) and am impressed with his quaility and work, put a bung for my wideband on the downpipe. I like the idea of running two sides apart until they get to the turbo. But, I am looking for someone that has tried them. I have one of the few sets of BGC headers that were built but am thinking of replacing them, SS for mild steel. I am also looking at adding heat probes at each exhaust port (ala Hartline, for my XFI) and I know he would add bungs to the headers if I wanted. I was just hoping someone would spend their money before I did :D so I would have some feedback. (You know Buick Consumer Report)
I am all for getting new vendors on the list, I remember when several of the "cornerstones" were just getting started. They had quaility products and thank heavens they came on the list.

i bought the gn1 downpipe and fmic ...both quality work ...good customer service ...no complaints at all here.

GN1Performance IS NOT a vendor for TurboBuick.com! I bought something off ebay from them and did not like the way things where handled AFTER I left feedback. I have heard other "rumors" as to business practice's, I can not confirm them so will not go there. Just remember they are not on our Vendor list!

first time ive ever heard someone complain about his ebay store.

I had a question about one of his parts and emailed him,. He CALLED me back within 1/2 hour and answered then honestly. Seems like a good guy to me..

first time ive ever heard someone complain about his ebay store.

For feedback I got a "T" and the sale was changed to private:rolleyes:

My main point of the post was to point out that he is not a vendor on TurboBuick.

For feedback I got a "T" and the sale was changed to private:rolleyes:

My main point of the post was to point out that he is not a vendor on TurboBuick.

we all know that hes not a vendor on turbobuick.com, how many vendors are still in the business creating new parts and acc. for are 20+ cars not many. is it a problem to mention GN1PERFORMANCE.COM:confused:

Honestly, it is getting on my nerves:wink: I hate it when people try to get free rides by logging in under different names and posting stuff about themselves. Kind of deceptive in my view. If you want to push this one feel free. Want hurt my feelings:wink: Be careful watch you ask for though....

neither is casper's or quad air??? is it really that big a deal if someone asks about a vendor's products just cause their not a paying vendor in this site? not trying to start a pissing match, but come on.if his product is good which they seem to be and are reasonablly priced,i'd want to know...and i'm sure other people want to know also.........joel

Honestly, it is getting on my nerves:wink: I hate it when people try to get free rides by logging in under different names and posting stuff about themselves. Kind of deceptive in my view. If you want to push this one feel free. Want hurt my feelings:wink: Be careful watch you ask for though....

:confused: :confused: im logging in as myself ZIGGY you dont have to worry about me logging in as some else and as novo said we have the right to talk about any vendor and the products they sell, supporting or nonsupporting it doesnt matter im not trying to press anyone buttons here im just sticking up for the lil people:biggrin:

:confused: :confused: im logging in as myself ZIGGY you dont have to worry about me logging in as some else and as novo said we have the right to talk about any vendor and the products they sell, supporting or nonsupporting it doesnt matter im not trying to press anyone buttons here im just sticking up for the lil people:biggrin:

I wasn't referring to you. I am not making the statements solely on the fact that he is not a vendor. As said before other non vendors are mentioned from time to time. That is normal.

My point is when someone makes a point to promote something or themselves and use alias to achieve that goal is grounds for being extra cautious. Again I rather not push this farther, but......

I know someone that's running them, has problems blowing the crossover pipe apart. :confused: He's always fixing it. I mean Lou Czarnota is always fixing it for him. It's just a poor design. He runs 10.70's with them so they do work. :smile:

KB headers

They are supposedly made off the original jig who knows , KB headers they were very good in design,exhaust from driver's side did not interfere with flow out of the passenger side header the crossover connecting both banks has a smoother transition. Those who have them say they fit fine. They are middle of the road as far as pricing. Both the driver and passenger side are not log style headers , both headers have equal length tubes. There are some nice headers out there from the Chinese $250- $900 American it's nice to have a choice .

...im logging in as myself as well...and as i have said i have bought his downpipe and his fmic...and he had great customer service to me ...good prices ...excellent products...i kind of get the feeling that if there is a vendor who doesnt pay this sites fees that this site does not like anyone to know anything about them or their products...sounds like some unwritten rule that talking about those vendors who dont pay to advertise on this community forum board is frowned upon...this sounds more like a simple cheque would change the tone of this whole post...which in my opinion is just wrong...thats my two cents lub it or leave it...noah.

GN1 Performance's NEW headers aren't the cheapo ebay headers. The new headers from GN1 Performance are better; why? Because the design is from Kenne Belle himself; I was at the GN1 performance shop last week and seem the first set, look pretty good in my opinion. They're designed to clear 3.5" downpipes and Upper A arms. For the price you're getting a good set of headers without the headaches from those china ones. He also has a badass 3" stainless steel catback system, you should check it out.

Oh, and he is not a supporting vendor. :wink:
Oh, and I am hboost.....not someone else logging in with another name. Hollaaaaahhhh! :wink: