GN1 R or TA aluminum ported head flow numbers

they go in and try to hog the thing out and make it flow as much CFM as they can which it will flow more CFM but it's useless
potentially flow more cfm.just because it has a bigger hole doesnt mean the air velocity/cfm is increasing,hence why the faster cars dont have the highest potentially flowing heads.

potentially flow more cfm.just because it has a bigger hole doesnt mean the air velocity/cfm is increasing,hence why the faster cars dont have the highest potentially flowing heads.
Exactly that's the whole point I've been trying to make all this time is when people go off CFM numbers and don't use a velocity probe to check the velocity gradients they are losing the game, as I said before AirSpeed AirSpeed airspeed this is why guys with iron heads and way smaller ports ( less volume) can runn in the eights and guys that go off CFM numbers and bigger volume Runners can't figure out why they're not going fast you only want the port to be big enough to support the RPM and cubic inch that you were running after that it's a loser

Oh I forgot to add that I guess that by cranking up the boost it will increases the port velocity go figure, I guess I can't win oh well

you only want the port to be big enough to support the RPM and cubic inch that you were running after that it's a loser
I'll agree with this. I increased the port velocity of my 1.94" valved TA SI heads by bolting a 4" bored and 3.625" stroked fast ramped narrow overlap cammed Buick v6 short block to them. It worked out every bit as good as I had hoped for. As a street engine,it doesn't just make big max power. It has low end torque. It realy is something and it only took me 30 years to accomplish.

Where did you get your pistons,just curious as I have one of those blocks it's already bored to 3.995 with steel caps on it and was going to assemble it with a set of fully ported duttweiler iron heads that I have for my T-top driver car, probably came with the rotating assembly huh

Where did you get your pistons,just curious as I have one of those blocks it's already bored to 3.995 with steel caps on it and was going to assemble it with a set of fully ported duttweiler iron heads that I have for my T-top driver car, probably came with the rotating assembly huh
I bought the pistons,cam and 6.350 Molnar rods from Dave Husek. I didn't buy a packaged assembly from one source.
The other thing that happened when I bolted that short block to those heads was that my 6776 turbo saw an increase in velocity. I see 24 psi. on my boost gauge with the wastegate wired shut. That's how you control boost. I see alot of people with 700 hp turbos on their 400hp engines trying to control boost. It turns out that all you have to do is turn up the boost or increase the bore and stroke of the engine.

Alot of people are afraid too use those blocks in hi-perf applications
Yes they are.
You can't run alot of boost.
The decks crack around the head bolt holes.
Generally a weak block.
Well,that's all you have to say to me,sign me up.