You can type here any text you want

GN1 spacer

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

slo-joe55

Has anyone seen those GN1 1" or 1-1/2" spacers that set on top of the manifold for the GNs? What is the purpose of that spacer and what kind of engine setup could utilize something like that?

Has anyone seen those GN1 1" or 1-1/2" spacers that set on top of the manifold for the GNs? What is the purpose of that spacer and what kind of engine setup could utilize something like that?

Good question I just ran an off the shelf CNC ported champion intake with no spacer and a stock accufab 70mm TB:cool:

I put one on my car. No definitive evidence that it picked up anything. Also it adds new challenges. You can't run a vacuum block anymore so you have to get creative.

It helps ...

w/increased plenum volume and really utilized w/very high horsepower cars, even eliminating the need for the rjc plate most of us run to equallize flow to the rear cylinders, preventing a lean condition.
At present, I run a 1/2" spacer w/the rjc plate on the stock manifolded engine. and no plate on the champion manifolded one. I have considered the 1" or 1&1/2" spacers, but didn't want to run into the same problem Scott Atk did. Or cut a hole in the hood or lower the engine in the bay.:eek:

w/increased plenum volume and really utilized w/very high horsepower cars, even eliminating the need for the rjc plate most of us run to equallize flow to the rear cylinders, preventing a lean condition.

In theory, but I never saw anything to indicate this. At one point I did switch from a sheetmetal intake with LARGER PLENUM and individual cylinder temps within 80* of each other to a champion intake with a SMALLER plenum and picked up on the top end.

In all fairness at the same time we played with cam timing and there where issues with the intake port floor I didn't like that could've made the difference but the smaller plenum cast intake with no spacer and 70mm TB, adn 3" IC pipes DEFINITELY didn't hurt the combo.

I run a 1" spacer on my car. True about the inability to run a billet block, but one day - I am going to run my vacuum through the spacer and put a block off plate.

The purpose of the spacer is to equalize pressure to the 6 cylinder runners to for better air distribution. How well does it work complared to a power plate, I don't know. I was looking to run a PP also, but recently realized that my stock appearing plenum is a Hemco. It alone was suppose to be superior for distribution of pressure over stock.

I am leaving my combinatin alone now. At 24Lbs boost with a PT54 and getting 10.81 out of her - say something is working pretty good.

Mike

Vacum Block

I recently purchased a GN1 spacer plate that is 1" thick,and i still have the factory vacum block attached...

I know it's close but i don't see a need to remove/relocate it??

In the elevens, The spacer will work as you've discovered with a stock height plenum. I should have mentioned that I also have a Precision plenum which has another 5/8" height built into it.

I'm running a precision plenum, stock vac block & champion spacer. I have no hood insulator & a fiberglass hood & it shuts. Probably the hood that enables it all to clear. I did have to add 1.75 inches to the intercooler pipe to get it to fit properly.

Back