You can type here any text you want

GN1 vs Champion Iron Ported

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qws2000

ok so I am thinking of buying new GN1 heads from Hartline... I have champion ported iron heads now, about only 600 miles on them. My question is, What is the difference? Is it much more power... or is this just a waste of money.. If I buy them new do I need to send them to the machine shop? Thanks Guys

you can get more flow out of aluminums, but i dont see going to them if you already have champion irons...unless your shooting for 8's

Did you ask this question you're asking in this tread to cal?
any person that can answer this question to you is MR HARTLINE him self...

If your running 11s there is no need to change those heads. Ported irons have always worked on my car and made excellent power. Not to mention they are nice and crack resistant :) put the money somewhere else to make more power

There are a lot of advantages to the aluminum heads if you have an engine that can take advantage of them.

Bi, That was more of the question, my sig shows my current setup, intrested in knowing will Aluminum make a big diff or something worth that money or stay with iron's and mov in a diff direction ie: stroker?

I wouldn't spend another penny on parts till you get the car to trap 133-134mph. Throwing more $$$$ at it won't make it quicker. You need more injector and I'm not to big on running more duration than 212@.050 on stock crank and rods. You're better off having peak power in the low 5000's with the stock crank/rods. Once you get some 133-134mph passes then you can switch up the combo with a steel crank and rods and better heads, cam, and converter. A t66 compressor in a stock compressor cover isn't doing you any favors either. I'd switch that out to an e cover.

Bison, If you dont mind me asking... Do you think I should ^ on the injectors, like 60 or 80. I never heard of an e cover why that? One last thing and I wont bother you, Do you have a personal preferrance on Chips, and do you think they play a major role?

qws2000 said:
Bison, If you dont mind me asking... Do you think I should ^ on the injectors, like 60 or 80. I never heard of an e cover why that? One last thing and I wont bother you, Do you have a personal preferrance on Chips, and do you think they play a major role?

It doesn't matter 60's, or 80's. 72's and 85's work excellent also if you have the low z drivers in your ECM. I just drove 220miles yesterday@65-70mph with my black car which is over 800hp and it got damn close to 20mpg. There are a lot of good chips out there. Eric Marshall and Bob Bailey have some great stuff out there. The e cover is aka T04e. It's a 3" in 2" out cover that is commonly used and had a larger diffuser than the stock cover. Ideally a T04s04 cover would be best but they are a rare find these days. The e cover is an easy swap out with a new backplate and the turbo will have more mass flow potential. The t66 compressor will go to about 75lbs/min under the right conditions. So about 750-770hp I doubt it's possible with a stock cover that's been contoured for a t66 compressor. Bother me all you want.

I dnt think the car will break the 11's and its not a tire problem....
Do you have a Powerlogger? I think that should be your next buy, if you don't. You could post the log files for some experienced guys here to review. They could steer you in the right direction with your tune with the parts you already have.
Good luck with your car,
Bill

I do hav a pwerloogger/wideband, and yes Im still am runing those 50# pound injectors....One of the main problems Im having is in 3rd gear while climbing into its power range it just falls on its face... I thought was the coil pack/so I changed to one I am sure works......

At 100 to 110 mph your cars finished??? Loose the beehive springs (They break,They have less metal an under Heavy Load an can break,been there done that,Champion fix it for free),Add an aftermarket ECU (All tuning issues are easily resolved,they pay for themselves' in the long run),Add more injector size (With the rest your combination in your Sig,it's all that's lacking)

Enjoy!

what size injector do you think?... I really am thinking about 72's or 80's, last weekend we added hotwire dbbl pumpr, powerloggr/wideband now Im looking for a bigger tire not sure if 275 or 255 M/T

Back