You can type here any text you want

GN1 vs Champion Iron Ported

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
what size injector do you think?... I really am thinking about 72's or 80's, last weekend we added hotwire dbbl pumpr, powerloggr/wideband now Im looking for a bigger tire not sure if 275 or 255 M/T

At least the 72's,there not bad on the Hwy MPG either, 80's are little much for a driver,but if only 1/4 mile, do the 80's
Go to XFI ,BS3 ,ProEfi first though, Save's Alot hassle!! (finding chips,mod. stock ECU which don't work in all cases,plus it's much cleaner install over all)
Instead heads get an new ECU,there good for What Ever you add later.

Stock ECU will run 80s now without modification and TT or Bailey chip will run just fine with them in at idle and at the track. Stock ECU's are over 700hp now, so save your money until you are at that point. A single pump will support 60s but I see you have a double pumper so 80s would be the way to go.

Stock ecu's have been way over 700hp for years. I like a translator and an extender chip. The TT chips work great, but when you turn up the boost, you have to adjust. The extender chips will compensate for more airflow. Go with 80lbs injectors. I run 96lbs injectors on the street with no issues using both the stock ecu with an extender chip on a 245" engine and with an XFI.

I run 80's with an SD chip I got in package deal from TT and that combo with a PL works extremely well in my car.

Stock ecu's have been way over 700hp for years. I like a translator and an extender chip. The TT chips work great, but when you turn up the boost, you have to adjust. The extender chips will compensate for more airflow. Go with 80lbs injectors. I run 96lbs injectors on the street with no issues using both the stock ecu with an extender chip on a 245" engine and with an XFI.

x2 on the extender chip with the tranlator. If boost control is ever an issue, it's nice to know the alky AND the regular injectors will increase.

x2 on the extender chip with the tranlator. If boost control is ever an issue, it's nice to know the alky AND the regular injectors will increase.
I have gone fast with both. The extender chips can be used more universal. I have pulled the chip out of my brother's cutlass with ported heads, roller cam,TE63 and put it in a friends stock long block TE44 car. Went 11.3's off the trailer with AFR's in check the whole way down. The idle was a bit high for a stock cam though.

I have the Reds 100 race gas CHIP and he sugests you put the alky on 1-2 just for cooling.....I tell you I did that for a couple of days and to b honest I hate the way the car drives... I really want to try TT

Get a TT 6.1 chip. Put in all your info. Every chip I've ever got from Eric is very very close and run awsome. Only after raising boost did I have to do some adjustments.

pronto, I think that is where im going... I hear Eric is very helpful, and thats what I need.. what adjustments are you talking about???? Just cause you raised the boost...AL

With the wb tracking the chip will try to keep the 02s at what you set the a/f ratio to at WOT. When I raised the boost the correction the chip did was enough for me to see I needed to up my fueling. Pretty straight forward. If you check his website you can read the instructions for the chip. Think they are in his forum. I had the chip burned for my orginal boost setting of 23. Went to 27.

pronto, I think that is where im going... I hear Eric is very helpful, and thats what I need.. what adjustments are you talking about???? Just cause you raised the boost...AL

You can download the chip instructions from the TT website so you can see the adjustable features. This chip also has the feature that allows you to use your laptop to go directly into the BLM grid to makes changes. No more push the pedal and hold. I sure will be glad when Eric puts that feature in the SD chip.

With the wb tracking the chip will try to keep the 02s at what you set the a/f ratio to at WOT. When I raised the boost the correction the chip did was enough for me to see I needed to up my fueling. Pretty straight forward. If you check his website you can read the instructions for the chip. Think they are in his forum. I had the chip burned for my orginal boost setting of 23. Went to 27.

Guess I was typing when you posted. LOL.

amen, see my thread about bending head gaskets.......

:)

Back