You can type here any text you want

GN1's & T&D How Does This Look?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

twstdv6

I need to know if the T&D's line up okay? or do I need to get another set, or is it suppose to be completely centered? I already had the T&D 1.55 for iron heads and ran across the GN1's. I was told that they wouldn't fit and tried the fitment when I got home and this is how it looks. I guess I should have done some more research before I started buying all this stuff.

Attachments

• IMGP0719.jpg
    IMGP0719.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 548
I have the GN1's and T&D's. I was told the rockers are specific for the GN1's. Phil

I was wondering if they were suppose to be completely centered where the roller on the rocker hit the top of the valve, as you can see some are centered on some are just off alittle. Is this normal? or do I need to buy some for the GN1 Aluminum heads. The T&D's in the pics are for Iron heads, but I put them on to see if they would fit. Can I get away with this or No?

Very close. Looks like you just need to call T&D and order the correct size spacer tubes. Just give them the length and shaft size. You could turn the ones that are too long and run an extra washer or two also. Ive used ones set up for GN1's on stock heads after switching the spacers around. From what i remember the rollers were much more central than in your pics. Try moving the spacers to see if you get a better alignmentt

Also check the roller tip for proper geometry. If you have the geometry wrong it can cost you alot of power. If you want to numb your mind sometime and try to understand how to REALLY set and measure rocker geometry, use the search words "rocker geometry" on speedtalk.com THEN search again after you register and go into the advanced engine tech section. Some amazing input there. From some of the top engine builders in the country (world, actually) Mind numbing stuff there. Good read if you want to really become a student of horsepower.

The centerline of the rockers should align with the centerline of the valve stems. Contact T&D. For a very reasonable price, <$50, they will provide you with the proper spacers to align the rockers/valves. Valve spacing differs from Stock heads and the Champion heads,T&D makes specific assemblies for each. I have converted two sets now, T&D makes to simple to mess with modding the spacers.
T&D Machine Products

HTH, John

Great!

My Wife said to try and get some different spacers also, I better start listening to her more. LOL! Thanks for the info, will do first thing Monday morning.

My Wife said to try and get some different spacers also, I better start listening to her more. LOL! Thanks for the info, will do first thing Monday morning.

so whats the verdict on these did you get an answer , will they work for ya

The Verdict Is!

Not actually, I had to call T&D and get the right parts ordered. The Rockers can be used on Iron Or Aluminum Heads. I Had to get new longer Rocker shafts for Aluminum Heads, Spacers and the thin washers. Total was about $150.00, cosiderably cheaper than a new set and now I have the flexibility to switch between Iron Or Aluminum. I would like to thank Bison & Quicksilver for pointing me in the right direction.

Not actually, I had to call T&D and get the right parts ordered. The Rockers can be used on Iron Or Aluminum Heads. I Had to get new longer Rocker shafts for Aluminum Heads, Spacers and the thin washers. Total was about $150.00, cosiderably cheaper than a new set and now I have the flexibility to switch between Iron Or Aluminum. I would like to thank Bison & Quicksilver for pointing me in the right direction.
as you have found the GN-1's require a shaft that is about 1/4 inch longer than the one for the stock heads-------i was wondering just how these guys made this work with just changing spacers-------theres just not enough room on the stock rod to allow for the slightly wider spacing of the gn1 valves.............RC

as you have found the GN-1's require a shaft that is about 1/4 inch longer than the one for the stock heads-------i was wondering just how these guys made this work with just changing spacers-------theres just not enough room on the stock rod to allow for the slightly wider spacing of the gn1 valves.............RC

I n the example i gave i already had the long shaft and installed it on iron heads.

Back