GNX #298 on Ebay: PA reconstructed title

GNX 233 said:
The owner is very vague about the previous damage. Will not provide a damage report or a list of replacement parts that were used to fix the car. You can see from the pic that the seat plastic is wrong, he has black and it looks like there is no rubber gaskets on the 4 wheel flares. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=170019126493&ih=007&sspagename=STRK:MEBI:IT
If anyone has info on this car, please post. Thanks

i know the car . the guy owns a shop and does the local towing for the police . the car was in a high speed chase and was hit very bad (JUNK). the owner is brain dead . the car was hit so hard the the frame & body was junk the trans was broken and the dash was broken . the guy bought a clean GN and used the GNX parts title & vin tag to build the car . the best part is the guy got the car for FREE for towing and storage costs from the ins co. i know for a fact the trans is not the orig GNX and the car has a PA Salvage Title

There are pic's of this car out there I have them but dont know how to post them, the car was folded in half at the drivers pillar roof cut off etc. Not repairable.

Even if it is $20K, thats pretty cheap for an ultra clean GN these days, much less a clone w/ real parts. The salvage title sux, but depending on the work, and being its a GN w/ GNX parts now, not a bad deal for a driver. If it was the same car repaired, its a no win situation.

gnx521 said:
In michigan its ilegal to transfer the vin. number to another car.

It pretty much is anywhere. But if he did everything right (replaced all VIN marked items), then it "can" be done.

I wouldn't suggest it.

Now then, Unique Performance (just down the street from my office) who builds the "Eleanor" car from "Gone in 60 Seconds" and these restored GT500E from old non-shelby mustangs are re-VINing these cars to start off the VIN numbers where Shelby ended back in the day. So there's always a loop hole.

MY copncern and please it's mine. Is even with the body straightening
lazer equippment.I've driven some cars done. I wouldn't touch a clean wrecked gn cloned to GNX for that kind of money. Take your luck of someone nowing the car.An d buy a GN and ride right. IMHO trying to help.

Lost a GN,stolen 8 years ago. I could have had it back.Well body and trans.
car had 72,000 in 3 weeks. not me. Again my opiion...........

RobV6 said:
Lost a GN,stolen 8 years ago. I could have had it back.Well body and trans.
car had 72,000 in 3 weeks. not me. Again my opiion...........

Are you saying your car was stolen and 72,000 miles were put on it in 3 weeks??? :confused:

That's damned unlikely...

I actually talked to the guy on the phone and yes it was hard to get info out of him, all he would tell me is that the car was hit on the drivers door and that the frame and dash were damaged, also i asked about the frame etc and he said that the frame was as straight as original and i also asked about the pillar and cowl and he thought for a moment and then said that there was some damage on the cowl were the door bolts up but that everything was fixed and if you didn't know the car was hit you would be hard pressed to tell. he did say that he bought a gn parts car to fix this one but nothing about the roof being replaced or that the vin was swapped over as he stated he replaced the door and the dash and had the guages rebuilt replaced the fender and repainted the car. basically nothing like what gnx 521 stated he made it sound like the car was t-boned and fixed. Now that i know more about the car i will let it go as bad as i want a gnx im not looking to get into a possible vin swap/rebuilt gn/gnx parts clone :confused: he also has 2 titles for the car one stating salvage and the other stating reconstructed, thought that they were both the same? Too bad really would like a gnx but not with this kind of history.

Nobody else has the pictures? I just loked at 5 of them again and cant see how anybody survived in that car. The steering column and door pillar were pushed above the radio.

Have a look for yourself!

I have some pictures of this car when it was wrecked.. just have a look at the vin on the build sheet and the vin of the car on the eBay auction! :eek: :eek: :eek: Link to my site www.turbobuicks.net here

Story goes.. they picked up a GN and took all the "GNX" parts off the wrecked car and moved them to a loaded GN. But yea.. she was hurt bad! So did #298 die in that wreck or does it live on! Either way every GNX was nothing more then a GN when it started out! :cool:

If anyone has any pics of wrecked GN's or GNX's e-mail them to me and I'll add them on my site. We hate to see it but I collect wrecked GN pics..

And what is with the odometer? The #'s look like they are all up and down! what's the REAL millage? :confused:

he stated that he had a company in cali re-build the guages and had them put the odometer to the actual mileage, also holly shiit that gnx with the frame bent to the passenger side is supposedly this same car? no way it has been rebuilt as said he took a regular gn and swapped out all the gnx parts and vin, ( ps illegal! ) I restore and collect classic cars and there is no way they rebuilt that same car! also the reserve is 25k if interested :biggrin: it would cost that to fix that car easily if not more, I bid to 20k but after getting the teeth pulling story from the owner and also this info he can keep it i would rather pay double and get a clean mint one that doesn't have a telephone poll history to it.

its bitter sweet here.glad to see a car was built out of all this(sorry to hear about original owner),BUT to state it has "salvage "history and thats it,and act like its a real/true/original GNX and ask that kind of money is wrong.someone will not get 100% of what they thought they were buying.

EXACTLY i talked to this guy on the phone and he made it sound like the car was hit on the drivers door and he replaced the door fixed the frame and put a fender on it and oh replaced the dash and thats it! did not mention about the frame being pushed over to the passenger side and the roof ripped off, don't care if its a clean gn with all the gnx parts added on the fact that he swapped vin's and is stating its original in my book is illegal and he may find himself in alot of legal issues from who ever buys this. too damn bad on the car and the driver but worse on the new owner for trying to hid this. AGAIN THANKS TURBO BOARDS FOR SAVING MY AZZ AND MY CASH LOL.

nailheadpowered said:
I actually talked to the guy on the phone and yes it was hard to get info out of him, all he would tell me is that the car was hit on the drivers door and that the frame and dash were damaged, also i asked about the frame etc and he said that the frame was as straight as original and i also asked about the pillar and cowl and he thought for a moment and then said that there was some damage on the cowl were the door bolts up but that everything was fixed and if you didn't know the car was hit you would be hard pressed to tell. he did say that he bought a gn parts car to fix this one but nothing about the roof being replaced or that the vin was swapped over as he stated he replaced the door and the dash and had the guages rebuilt replaced the fender and repainted the car. basically nothing like what gnx 521 stated he made it sound like the car was t-boned and fixed. Now that i know more about the car i will let it go as bad as i want a gnx im not looking to get into a possible vin swap/rebuilt gn/gnx parts clone :confused: he also has 2 titles for the car one stating salvage and the other stating reconstructed, thought that they were both the same? Too bad really would like a gnx but not with this kind of history.
I just retracted my bid on Ebay also for this GNX after seeing the incredible pictures of it when it was wrecked.

Now you guys know why I own turbobuicks.net I needed a place for all my pictures that no one else can find or remember! :)

Hey Gang. More about me later, but I just asked him a few pointed questions. :mad:

Lying mofo!