GNX #298 on Ebay: PA reconstructed title

I am going to go look at the car this weekend, Does anyone know where the hidden VIN is on the frame. If so please PM or email me with the info. I have been in the collision Business for over 25 years so I know what to look for as far as repairs go. The car will make a nice driver if it can be had cheap enough.
Thanks
70-SS_RS-L78@Comcast.net

I'm no E-Bay expert, but I don't see my questions to him on the page. :rolleyes: :mad:

KenP said:
I'm no E-Bay expert, but I don't see my questions to him on the page. :rolleyes: :mad:

He has to go in and add them.
Not likely if they involve detailing more of the crash history or severity...

roadrunner88 said:
He has to go in and add them.
Not likely if they involve detailing more of the crash history or severity...
Then my questions won't be added. :rolleyes:

But E-Bay is now aware. :D

GNX 233 said:
WOW...... you have to check out the pics of this GNX on ebay when it was wrecked. Goto www.turbobuick.com and click on the spot where it has "wrecks". It is worth the look

Could you send me the exact link.

I could not find wrecks.

I have seen pics of the crash but i want to make sure that you have the same pics.

thanks
frank

Someone should report the listing to Ebay as a fraud. Swapping vin tags is about as illegal as it gets. There is NO WAY the original car was fixed and put on the road. I know some damn good collision experts. This is not the original car in any way shape or form. Not to mention the botched attempt at rolling back the odometer. :rolleyes:

He fixed this huh ?

4_G.jpg

10_G.jpg

17_G.jpg

8_G.jpg

yullose said:
Someone should report the listing to Ebay as a fraud. Swapping vin tags is about as illegal as it gets. There is NO WAY the original car was fixed and put on the road. I know some damn good collision experts. This is not the original car in any way shape or form. Not to mention the botched attempt at rolling back the odometer. :rolleyes:

He fixed this huh ?

Nope, but he did move alot of parts! :eek:

yullose said:
Someone should report the listing to Ebay as a fraud. Swapping vin tags is about as illegal as it gets.
I did. Maybe a few others should do the same to draw more attention to it.

Just noticed he added this:
On Aug-17-06 at 07:58:54 PDT, seller added the following information:

SEVERAL PEOPLE HAVE E-MAILED ABOUT THIS CAR BEING DAMAGED.YES IT WAS TOTALED AND REBUILT THATS WHY I HAVE A PICTURE OF THE SALVAGE CERTIFICATE THE CAR WAS REBUILT AND A RECONSTRUCTED TITLE WAS ISSUED AS SHOWN IN THE PHOTOS. LIKE I SAID IN MY ORIGINAL AD IF YOU CANT LIVE WITH THIS PLEASE DONT BID OR WASTE MY TIME WITH YOUR QUESTIONS.
I like the last few words. :rolleyes:

Someone should bid, then retract it.

Then paste the URL to this thread in the "reason for retraction" box. :cool:

Or better yet... Run an auction for GNX #298 before & after pictures. :D

Word to the Wise & Original Link to Dealer's Own Pics

Don't go near this car. It is nothing more than a Regal frame with GNX parts and, worse yet, of questionable legality because of the VIN tag swap. Notice how the pictures skip over the frame and complete shell changeout. Please take a look at original pictures from the dealer here:

http://amsleysvw.com/GNX.php

If you must have one, do yourself a big favor and buy/build a clone (that someone didn't almost die in...)

Good luck,
Doug

Actually... If it has an "R" (reconstructed) title, I think the state of PA will issue a new vin number, so there may not be the issue of vin swapping at hand. I believe it also states something to the effect that if more than XX% of the original car is not rebuilt, an "R" title is required.

I could be wrong, but that info 'sorta sticks in my head. :D

boostjunkie said:
i know the car . the guy owns a shop and does the local towing for the police . the car was in a high speed chase and was hit very bad (JUNK). the owner is brain dead . the car was hit so hard the the frame & body was junk the trans was broken and the dash was broken . the guy bought a clean GN and used the GNX parts title & vin tag to build the car . the best part is the guy got the car for FREE for towing and storage costs from the ins co. i know for a fact the trans is not the orig GNX and the car has a PA Salvage Title

not to blow the sale of the car but it may be a good idea to have someone list a new auction on ebay showing all the pics of the car giving all the info listed here . then email the link to all the bidders . any bidder that sees the pics of that car will run ! i think that car should of been issued a non rebuildable title PARTS ONLY from the state . tons of junk gets put back on the road all the time its a shame .

I have been emailing bidders on this auction with attachments to the links and i think he has the top two shilling the bids. if someone can tell me how to attach this thread along with the links to an auction i would be more than happy to do it, I also emailed the seller with a link showing the pics and all he did is replied with a thanks for the email. what a piece of crap he knows he is lying also on the vin issue this is not a reissued vin he took the vin from a wrecked car that has value and placed it on a clean car with no value and from what i know with federal law is that you cannot take a vin from one car and put it on another car for any reason, also if the dmv re-issues an vin it would be one that they generate not one that you go pick out for yourself from the local salvage yard or your back yard. This guy knows exactly what he's doing.

I agree with all that's been said/posted about the questionability (is that a word? :confused: ) of the car and having been a firefighter for almost 17 years, that car was also "modified" by the local FD that cut the driver/passenger out of the car - that's why the roof is gone - you can see the cuts from the Holmatro/Hurst/sawzall. There's also a blood splatter on the ignition cylinder in the pic where the gauges are mashed up against the column - hope the guys doing the work had dealt with whatever biohazards that were there!
What a mess...

Wow, and now the car may be haunted! SPooky. :p

This is the same thing people into classic cars have been facing for years. On the mustang forum I'm on when does a Boss 302 or Shelby GT-500 stop being a Boss or a Shelby when every original part has been replaced or rusted away? Many times the Vin plate gets transfered to a solid body car and it's rebuilt or "rebodied."

It doesn't look like it was the best specimin out there before the telephone mod. Check the rust under the window. The other pics of the crushed frame and engine compartment shows it wasn't cared for. I wouldn't touch it with a telephone pole, oh, too late :biggrin: