You can type here any text you want

GNX Cruise Control HELP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bodybag

GNX #451
Does anyone have any detail on how the cruise control on the GNX was modified to operate with the SW Speedo? The cruise on my GNX is not working and the shop I took it to is telling me that some aftermarket parts and "monkey business" is in place and they want to replace it all with the stock standard GN stuff.

I'm thinking that the GNX maybe would have used some different parts than the GN because of the SW Gauges, and I don't want them to be jacking up the originality of my GNX trying to get the cruise to operate like a GN would if that's not how it was supposed to be in the first place.

Any help ASAP would be great since the car is in the shop RIGHT NOW.

The only part of the CC that is GNX specific is the VSS. If it aint throwing a code than I doubt the VSS is the problem. Usually if the CC doesn't work than it's the cruise lever,servo or module. Out of those only the module is TR specific. The rest are standard parts used on a lot of models.

Thanks guys. I was primarily concerned that the shop would start un-doing something that McLaren had done intentionally while trying to get the CC to work and somehow screw up the originality of the car. I have contacted the shop already and they are going forward with testing the system and replacing the parts that are non-op.

Check the switches on the brake arm. One is for brake lights and the other is for cruise control. The button for cruise switch needs to be fully compressed when the brake arm is parked against it. You can verify the contacts are closed with a voltmeter. In some cases the switch contacts may need to be cleaned. The switch can be removed and taken apart. Hopefully you won't need to go that far.

cruise control

I installed a oem gnx dash in my car my cruise worked before the install and still works now. DO NOT let them bs you into anything all cruise control parts are factory installed and have nothing to do with the dash except the vss. Hope this helps

I installed a oem gnx dash in my car my cruise worked before the install and still works now. DO NOT let them bs you into anything all cruise control parts are factory installed and have nothing to do with the dash except the vss. Hope this helps

X2

Back