gnx on ebay stolen recovery

I thought hard about biding on your car. We all know the car has bad paper now but its value can be salvaged somewhat over the years if you can do the resto work yourself. You need to make the car apart of history what I mean is make it infamous. If I would have bought the car I would have done the same mods to it that my GN is getting now. Engine and trans would come out and be gone through I would do an almost stock build with roller cam and such Smooth everything under the hood out hide everything like wires vacuum lines Put a good size turbo on it aim for mid 11s so no cage needed. I would call Brian at G body and get a set of GTA wheels 10in wide wheels for the back and GTA off set for the front, Shave the door handles and bumpers. Then I would take it to every turbo Buick gathering I could and do dyno runs track runs make everyone see the car and get to know it give a reason to stand out besides, the it was stolen factor. Most people that would be interested in buy your car later would come here any way to research it so why not give them something to talk about other then it was stolen and has a lot of remake parts not originals any more make the best out of it you know it’s never going to be a 70k car again so be the one GNX that is customized .

This smells as fishy as my ex girlfriend... Low mile GNX from a noob (GNX 000) that wouldn't give out the #car. I never even got a chance to see this car on ebay because he ended the auction?? Also he was sending Pm's on EVERY F***ing GNX part that came up for sale right before he listed this car??? Look at all of his posts since he signed up here....Note the thread where someone called him out on using using 3 diff user names and was the same person.... Pay attention to the # of posts each member has and when they joined this forum when reading replys on this thread...This guy I used to know did the same s**t when selling a car. He would sign up under as many as five different users...Post random stuff for a while on each acct...Then finally post how great the car was (he originally was planning to to sell) and have conversations with himself to hype it! We all know something is going on here...The truth?...I don't know...Only the seller does...Would I go as far as to call him a Joe Cipolla?... I hope not...But something is definitely up here...Why not just lay it all out and tell the truth right from the start??..Especially when selling a low mile "GNX"...

If I'm totally out there please let me know cause its a little late and I talked to my friend "MGD" a few times tonight;);)

The idea of this forum is not to find a GNX, pick it apart, and give people a reasons not to like the car. These cars are 23 years old. We are spoiled rotten with examples that have extremely low mileage and perfect...here is a fact...all 547 are not like that!

What about those people that actually drove their cars? Cars that had accidents? Cars that someone altered? We are going to see MORE and MORE of these type of cars popping up since these cars are getting older. Some might be for sale, while others might just want some help.....Since there is no other GNX forum on the net this is where they will come to ask for help....try to be civil!

The community is already very small...We are enthusiasts here to help each other!

Lets keep this thread on topic of FACTUAL information on this car.

I was so unhappy with what happen to my car, i just wanted it out of my life.I knew i was going to run into people that would look at it and then go to this forum and start BS and bad mouthing me and the car.Like what happened.I didn't want to waist time with window shopping haters.Only real buyers,that is why i decided to not say what number it was.When i was in the market for a GNX, the number was not what i was whored about.If some one did bid, i would have gave the number of the car.Any way if some one was truly interested they would have checked the vin that i gave in the listing and see it was real and the number.The car looks bad compared to other GNX's,but it was fairly priced (not 20k) and a real opportunity that doesn't come along every day.The car is a true 13k mile car that was in a damp garage.That is why the undercarriage has some oxidation and needs mufflers.This is a solid rust free car that drive excellent as a 13k mile car should.I realize, why should i give what i spent so much money on?Not to mention 12 years of my life trying to get,because of some low life thieves.I'll keep her and make her what she was.Every one that know's me knows how this car will look after i'm done with it.So 262 will stay in a good home,Mine!!!!

Did they get the cowl tag on right side .That would be a big plus if they didnt. proves number of the car .I would not sell the car either.It will take some time to get the right parts but the value isnt going down thats for sure.I wonder how many 1970 ss 454 chevelles were stolen recoveries and still brought big money at auction. Did they find the guys that took it. Smith & Wesson thats all I will say. god luck with the car and keep posting pics as you restore. good luck again

Crazy...all I can say is if you have enough scratch to spend on a GNX then spend the extra $750-1000 a year and insure it for it's actual value.

Good luck with the resto. Shouldn't be too hard if your not looking for NOS GM parts (especially the rims).

Wasnt there a X stole in NYC a few years back? I believe the owner had it in one of those storage/multi bay places and went to start it and it was gone? HMMM?