GNX princess story.

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
Just purchased num 176 # I have been after this car for several years after finding out that it has been in storage since 95. It was acquired some time ago through a lien sale debt . Before that happened the car was partially taken apart to install some ATR up grades. So far all that's missing & not accounted for is the cat back exhaust system.Anyone with a lead on one I would appreciate knowing about. I have a partial ATR system. Tailpipes & mufflers but am missing the Y portion that comes off the rear of the cat. My goal is to put everything back to original & make it like new. I found the GNX owners book on E-bay & would love to find the jacket & hat also that came with these cars. This makes the fourth GNX that I've owned through the years. The car is covered with dust & looks rather sad sitting in the corner of a dark clutterd garage. Soon once more it will see the light of day & get the best care possible. I want to thank my friend Brent ( underboost ) for his support & help in retrieving it & the help in its restoration.The odometer reads 12,000 miles & the condition of the car in general seems to reflect that.I'm in the process of doing research on its past. more on this later.
Regards Lou

Alright Lou! I would do anything to find a GNX like that up here! Don't worry I won't ask you what you got her for:)

Alright Lou! I would do anything to find a GNX like that up here! Don't worry I won't ask you what you got her for:)
Well
if it isn't the Canadian sheep herder, How have you been? I can tell you this it was the most money I ever had to pay for a Buick.

Well
if it isn't the Canadian sheep herder, How have you been? I can tell you this it was the most money I ever had to pay for a Buick.

I've been fine, thanx. Can't find my *amn Sheppard's Hook though, for the life of me.LOL

Are you going to sell her later after getting it cleaned up? Sounds like you'll probably hang on to this one for a while.
Don't forget some pics down the road. Need something to drool over and I don't mean a pic of your back forty either.:eek: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congratulations Lou!
As for the exhaust, this isn't much of a lead, but my rusted original exhaust ended up in a dumpster in El Segundo on move day circa 2000.:rolleyes:

Any plans to haul it out to the nationals?

Michelle says hi.

-john norton

Just purchased num 176 # I have been after this car for several years after finding out that it has been in storage since 95. It was acquired some time ago through a lien sale debt . Before that happened the car was partially taken apart to install some ATR up grades. So far all that's missing & not accounted for is the cat back exhaust system.Anyone with a lead on one I would appreciate knowing about. I have a partial ATR system. Tailpipes & mufflers but am missing the Y portion that comes off the rear of the cat. My goal is to put everything back to original & make it like new. I found the GNX owners book on E-bay & would love to find the jacket & hat also that came with these cars. This makes the fourth GNX that I've owned through the years. The car is covered with dust & looks rather sad sitting in the corner of a dark clutterd garage. Soon once more it will see the light of day & get the best care possible. I want to thank my friend Brent ( underboost ) for his support & help in retrieving it & the help in its restoration.The odometer reads 12,000 miles & the condition of the car in general seems to reflect that.I'm in the process of doing research on its past. more on this later.
Regards Lou

dont know if you would be interested, but when i bought my gn it had a cat back dual system with dual mufflers (not sure of the source, im thinking atr because almost everything the original owner did to the car came from atr) im pretty sure its 2.5" i took it off of the car and put a 3" single shot system. the old system is in storage in prescott, az (im in tucson) im going up there this weekend, i could get you some info/ pics of it if interested. its not in the best of shape, but there isnt any holes or anything like that, minor surface rust. it was installed on the car here after it was drivin here from detriot in 87, and the car has been in tucson 95% of its life (prescott/ phoenix the other 5%) so the system inst in bad shape at all. basically what im saying is i have the "y" section you speak of.

buickbert

Another Possibility

Lou,
I am also looking for a cat-back exhaust.
Rich Clark made one (or a few) out of SS for one or more of his GNXs. A few months back I asked him to keep me in mind if he made any more. I'm sure this is not on his priority list but if there are enough folks interested, maybe we could get him to do so.

Congratulations Lou!
As for the exhaust, this isn't much of a lead, but my rusted original exhaust ended up in a dumpster in El Segundo on move day circa 2000.:rolleyes:

Any plans to haul it out to the nationals?

Michelle says hi.

-john norton
Hi John, chances are they are still there.I don't think El Segundo ever had a trash picked up.Hello to Michelle also.No national plans got to get it back to acceptable standards first. Miss the both of you. Lou

Lou,
I am also looking for a cat-back exhaust.
Rich Clark made one (or a few) out of SS for one or more of his GNXs. A few months back I asked him to keep me in mind if he made any more. I'm sure this is not on his priority list but if there are enough folks interested, maybe we could get him to do so.
How can I contact this guy? I have Pete at Kirbans looking into it right now.Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to also call him.

dont know if you would be interested, but when i bought my gn it had a cat back dual system with dual mufflers (not sure of the source, im thinking atr because almost everything the original owner did to the car came from atr) im pretty sure its 2.5" i took it off of the car and put a 3" single shot system. the old system is in storage in prescott, az (im in tucson) im going up there this weekend, i could get you some info/ pics of it if interested. its not in the best of shape, but there isnt any holes or anything like that, minor surface rust. it was installed on the car here after it was drivin here from detriot in 87, and the car has been in tucson 95% of its life (prescott/ phoenix the other 5%) so the system inst in bad shape at all. basically what im saying is i have the "y" section you speak of.

buickbert
Yes ! I'm definatly interested.I can always get it coated or glass beaded not a problem. Thanks Lou

Lou,
I called Pete and he will be contacting Rich Clark concerning the stainless system at the end of this week and will discuss it with him. If its a go, it will give you another option.

Lou,
I called Pete and he will be contacting Rich Clark concerning the stainless system at the end of this week and will discuss it with him. If its a go, it will give you another option.
Great! options are always good I should be picking the car up tomorrow & can't wait. Now I'll want to be working on it instead of focusing on my job. Even at age 64 somethings never change. All I ask is when I go if I can take my tool box with me. Lou

Will it work?

Originally Posted by buickbert

buickbert

Isn't the GNX system different than the GN because of the rear suspension assembly????

Lou,
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but, I removed the catback portion of the exhaust on my '87 GN shortly after it was new. I've had it in my garage rafters ever since '87-88. I'm in Laguna Niguel and it's yours if you need it.

Lou,
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but, I removed the catback portion of the exhaust on my '87 GN shortly after it was new. I've had it in my garage rafters ever since '87-88. I'm in Laguna Niguel and it's yours if you need it.
Thanks for your generosity but the GNX cat back is way different because of the rear suspension.Keep it around though. Someone somewhere will need it to restore a GN. Keep my number if I can be of any help in the future. Lou

hey Lou!!!!!!

Great score!!!!!!!

my GNX has a replaced exhaust system on it, I believe its a magnaflow,
I'll check and let you know, also I'll ask where the orig went,
you sly dog, always one up ! LOL

just checked, its a ATR, w/ magnaflow mufflers, all stainless ,
orig went in the trash long ago,

pics????

Originally Posted by buickbert

buickbert

Isn't the GNX system different than the GN because of the rear suspension assembly????

yes, the original gn system is diffrent from the gnx system. the system that was on my gn wasnt the original. it was a cat back dual with dual mufflers (possibly an old atr system) the original owner had it installed after the car arrived in the desert from detriot.

buickbert