You can type here any text you want

gnX reproduction numbered dash plaque

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EVIL

BANNED FOREVER
I am looking to get a gnX reproduction numbered dash plaque and after doing allot of searching i haven't found anyone that makes them.

I know they have been made in the past.

I'm not looking to imitate anyone's gnx i have a number in mind well above 547.

If anyone could help me out on this i would appreciate it.

thank you
D

I had a custom badge made for my car. Let me know if you might want something like this:

GNx1OF1Emblems03.jpg

GNx1OF1Emblems04.jpg

GNx1OF1Emblems05.jpg

Please excuse the crappy cell phone pics. :o

That looks good. Can you guy make the GNX badge look more original?

thanks
D

That looks good. Can you guy make the GNX badge look more original?

thanks
D
Thanks! :)

I will ask the person who did them. They aren't really made the same way that real X badges were made. As far as getting the font and letter size closer to the real deal, that should be pretty easy. Getting them in full color may be a bit tricky since these were done with a laser engraver. But I will see what options are out there.

Above post is correct I had some made years ago running from 010 to 099.

They are pretty much dead on color and style wise.

I have a few numbers left.

They were not cheap to do since the problem is cost wise I only did one of each number.

To my knowledge I am not aware that anyone else did them at least in quanity other than what was noted in earlier post.

you can email me direct if you wwant denniskirban@yahoo.com

again I only have a few and numbers run between like 020 and 099.

on a side note years ago I had some original ones and in my private colleciton I have 001, 002, 003, 004 (not for sale) I dealt with the guy who worked at ASC and he would hand paint them at home on his kitchen table....one for the car and like 1-2 duplicates for GM parts inventory....

I had alot of others way back then that were original and I sold them.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I even had a dozen real GNX turbos way back when also...

Unfortunately, being in the business I sold a lot of real GNX stuff years ago...one time I had about 50 new GNX owners manuals.....think I was getting $35 each for them....

GNX turbos sold for I think $1200 each actually got them from a major Ford Mustang vendor who was connected with buying ASC take offs/leftover parts....I paid I think about $300 each for them back in 1989-90 time frame.

Anyone have my old newsletters can verify they were listed in there. GNXX real jackets I bought all the remaining stock from Molly sold them less than $100 each.

Depressing.....but life goes on....

sorry if I swayed from the original topic.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Do you or can you make a plate that says GNX 548 ??
I am working a pipeline job in North Dakota and will be here a few more weeks. As soon as I get home, I will go by the shop and see how close to the original GNX emblem she can make for ya. :cool:

I dealt with the guy who worked at ASC and he would hand paint them at home on his kitchen table.......

nice to know GM (or actually ASC) was so high tech back in the day,
I remember the ASC maclaren mustangs, (89' I think) not much there really.:(

I have 087 if someone is interested. I would like to see it go to who has car 087. it is oem GM in the package.
DDay

Back