GNX vs. TTA

turboscott

There is a similar thread going on right now about GN & TTA vs. the TTA. However, my friend and I are debating which car is the badder car, the TTA or the GNX.

If a 10K mile TTA and 10K mile GNX both stock were sitting next to each other and you were given the choice of having one which would you pick. Take everything from looks, performance, value, collectibility,ride, comfort, etc... into consideration when making your choice. thanks.

If money was not an issue, I would take the GNX. No brainer for me. I do like the TTAs though.

You have to go with the GNX. These cars pull top dollar no matter what the mileage is.(Within reason).

Cars are not an investment to me and I don't consider the newer cars to have any kind of collectability like the 60s Muscle Cars do.

I'll take the TTA. It will outperform the GNX in every performance catagory which is why I have one.

If I want to take 4 people out I drive something else.

If I had my choice I would take the GNX and then sell it and buy two TTAs. GNX would be my pick because of what I could sell it for and TTA would be my pick because that is what I would want to drive.

Based on your sig 1987 GN you don't do much in the TTA as you never seem to drive it. If a car is going to sit there wouldn't the GNX make more sense then?

Originally posted by turboscott
Based on your sig 1987 GN you don't do much in the TTA as you never seem to drive it. If a car is going to sit there wouldn't the GNX make more sense then?

I have put around 1,000 miles on the TTA and I love it. I would like to get another one as I like driving it more than the g-body and this fictional scenario would be the perfect way to get 2!! How many miles did you drive your GN before you decided you liked it sooo much. I think the 1,000 miles I have done has given me a good idea of what the car is all about.

Make mine a TTA for less $$ than a GNX it will out handle it.

I like the idea of 1 GNX for 2 TTA's :)

Give the TTA's a few more years & they will be up there $$

The problem we are faced with is I am talking about 1 car of each. I am not talking about selling the GNX to buy 2 TTA's. Car for car which would you take.

TTA's may go up in value but they will never reach the level of the GNX.

TTA's have the ugliest interior ever. They're also a sportscar chassis with a low-revving engine and auto trans. Make mine a GNX.

If money is no object and I can only have one give me the GNX!

I never liked the looks of the TTA.

James

Ok then I will re catogrize it

Value currently = I will take GNX

Handling & performance = I will take the TTA

Looks = Tie. they are both unique

Future value = GNX will probably stay up there, TTA has potential to catch up over time.

I'd take the GNX cause I don't have one :D
About the TTA being an ugly color...well its the 20th anniv edition, its got to have gold on it somewhere for the golden anniversary...white is better than an all gold car....just like the tenth annv was silver...

"They're also a sportscar chassis with a low-revving engine and auto trans" :confused:

Mike85GN, Have you driven a TTA?
Yes I have.
Doesn't the GNX have an "auto trans"?

I'll take the TTA. I already have a fast black car.

Why dont you post this thread on a pontiac board also?

TTA is just not up in value like the GNX is. Give it a few more years because the GNX production is a third of the TTA... Not really fair.

GNX- suspension, turbo, intercooler,stuff that was tweaked this n that bla bla.

TTA- 20 ann., Indy pace car of 89 and replaced 350TPI with turbo buick motor from PAS!:eek:

GNX is a cool car along with the GN and T-type but the TTA was the ultimate GM turbocharged ride hands down.

You will just have to drive one! I have noticed that most GN/TTA OWNERS agree the TTA is more fun to drive .

I have driven a TTa and I thought the ride was harsh and uncomfortable. I also drove my friend's GNX and it rode smoother just like the GN/T-Type. Don't get me wrong , both cars are classics but that is my opinion on the ride category. It was a 34,000 mile TTA that was for sale. Maybe this particular car needed new shocks.

Thats a no brainer for me. GNX is the ultimate pimp ride!! Gotta love the suspension system on it as well. I would carry a baseball bat in the back seat if I had one though, for the joker who hits me while im driving it:eek:

I wouldpost it on a pontiac site or something like thirdgen.org but from what I have seen as a member of other boards is most people know very little aboout either the TTA or the TR's, never mind the GNX. This is the best site for an honest poll.