You can type here any text you want

God Speed Gary Wells. US Navy Vet, So Western Moderator, Pistol Marksman, My best friend. RIP.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Yesterday afternoon we lost Gary Wells. He had been struggling with health issues for quite a few years. Last weekend I spent half the day with him. Much of that was at the shooting range, where he shot the best he'd shot in years. We had a great day. We could not wait to go again this weekend. Looking back, it puts a smile on my face that in his last week, he went out like a rock star, doing what he loved to do and doing it better that anyone else, including your's truly. Gary has reloaded my ammo for many years. I have worked on his turbo Buick for many years. No money has ever changed hands. Just lots of lunches (hundreds) and plenty of good times. Most weekends, for close to a decade, we have shared lane #8 at our range. Tomorrow, I'll go there to tell all our close friends of Gary's passing. Not sure if I'm going to be up to shooting. Just in case I do, I'll bring the Springfield Trophy Match that I got from Gary a few years back.

God Speed my friend.
Thanks for all the great memories.

Mike Barnard
So Western Moderator. (still trying to fill Gary's shoes).

Last edited:
Gary's ability to put five 45 cal rounds in a hole the size of a quarter at 21 feet, was nothing compared to his endless hand gun knowledge.

Yesterday, we lost a whole lot of knowledge...

Mike, my condolences and sorry for your loss and for all of the Buick community's loss. I never got a chance to meet him but i know he's been around forever and seemed like one of the good guys. Rest in Peace Gary!

-aaron

I'm sorry to hear of your loss , If he was a friend of yours he must have been a pretty good guy .

Well,

I went to the range this morning and told everyone about Gary. We told stories and had some laughs. That felt good.

I ran a target out twenty one feet, squeezed the trigger on Gary's old Springfield. With one hole in the center of the target, I called it a day.

Back