You can type here any text you want

Going to step it up this year Individual cyl nozzles!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
I have to decided to install indiviual cyl nozzles for my Razor Kit. I hope Razor can supply me with 6 M5 nozzles and the pump will flow enough capacity? ANy ideas on the plumbing would be helpful.

Going for 9s on pump gas! I can't let Julio beat me.....

THanks

Had a guy called me earlier today doing the same thing, but did it on a spacer plate. I dont know if it makes a difference.. guess we need a guinea pig to try it out.. rite Norbs ;)

The pump will do its job if it has the updates, which yours should..

6 M5's or 2 M15's.. whats the difference :cool:

I'll have a 9 second slip at 3850 this year... for sure.. on pump gas.. now lets see if you can beat me to it :eek:

I saw a fitting for NOS that goes into the injector bung and the injector fits into it. Maybe something like that can be adapted?

Scott Atk said:
9.79 tonight.
Oh,..... did I mention I also broke my crank. :eek:

Scott.. million dollar question..

Was it on straight pump or mix?

Sorry to hear bout the crank :redface:

100 octane with twin nozzle RAZOR kit. 28 psi. It broke about 150 foot from the finish line. Coasted to a 9.79 at only 129 :)
I can't complain, I've been beating on this same engine for six years. I also won the event. It broke in the finals. I beat the fastest WRX on the west coast. He went 9.91 in the final.

I guess it's a party foul. I called an EVO a WRX. It was an EVO. Pretty cool car. Mickey T radials on all four corners. He just drove around the water and staged. He ran a string of 9.9x's at 144.
Here's all I got for pics so far. Don't know when I will be able to afford to fix it, so not sure when I'll pull it and get more pics. It's the driver's side front of the block, between the motor mount and where the block, oil pan, and front cover all meet.

p.s. THANK YOU LEN FREEMAN (Performance Transmissions Las Vegas) for letting me borrow your trailer this morning to get the car home.

Attachments

• block1.jpg
    block1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 295
Razor said:
6 M5's or 2 M15's.. whats the difference :

This is the difference I'm trying to avoid........#4 cyl

Attachments

• valve.JPG
    valve.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 286
Ohh you wanna see carnage :eek:

Stock rods have their limits :wink:

Attachments

• broken tta bottom.jpg
    broken tta bottom.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 270
NOt the most knowledgeable at alki ,but what if 1 of the 6 nozzels cloggs ,then you lean out one cylinder correct? opposed to using 2 nozzels one could clogg but while running lean across the board that would show up better with the 02 readings,correct me if I am wrong ,just thinking aloud... :wink:

I'd be more concerned with a solenoid issue more so than a clogged nozzle. I run a filter.. so clogging isnt an issue.

I'll run extra nozzles above cyl 1 and 3 :biggrin:

Multiport was a hazy issue IMO... If you have major problems because the manifold does not flow evenly, then simply adding nozzles at each port is not the (right) fix... a more balanced manifold is. Optimal would be a equally distributing manifold. This may include throttle plates for each runner and injecting after that... But in that case, the runner velocity is so fast that injecting it there or before the plate (even in the stock TB style applications) would likely make no noticeable difference.

I'm not one to do the comparison b/c I don't want to cut up my beautiful intake manifold... Besides, injecting early works fine and we have some pretty sick cars down/up here.

Norbs, are you sure it wasn't an injector issue or something else on that cylinder?

As for racing that fast on pump... well, there's only so much that can be done on this bore/stroke... I expect a limit soon with some potluck stragglers. Shooting to break it will undoubtedly be a quest to destroy the engines when 100$ worth of C16 could have saved it. But I suppose some ppl (razor :) ) are totally for a pump-gas car, no matter what the costs. Meh... destroyed engine pix are still fun!

BTW, I never did understand how it is considered an "on pump gas" car when your shooting a ton of alcohol into it along with the pump gas... Where did this description come from? It's like saying a N2O car is not just because the N2O is the additive...

Phil

I really dont know what happened to cyl #4but there was ZERO knock on the run. I checked the injector it was fine, tested it ina flow machine. I can i know when there is no knock that damage is happening a/f was rock steady also

When you race an engine, parts will fail. If you dont want parts to fail, dont race it. They may last longer :wink:

Part of going faster is subjecting parts to higher stress levels. You will find the next weakest link when you push a little harder.

Valve broke.. crank broke.. rod broke.. go fix it ;) Then go after the next weakest part.

PhilM said:
As for racing that fast on pump... well, there's only so much that can be done on this bore/stroke... I expect a limit soon with some potluck stragglers. Shooting to break it will undoubtedly be a quest to destroy the engines when 100$ worth of C16 could have saved it. But I suppose some ppl (razor :) ) are totally for a pump-gas car, no matter what the costs. Meh... destroyed engine pix are still fun!

Phil

Man I need to buy a couple barrels of C16.. that way my motor will never ever blow up :eek:

I thought the limit was like 10.9-11.0 on a Buick :rolleyes: aint knocking.. keep pushing..

Part of racing dude.. if your on top of your game.. then mechanical limits will eventually be reached.. always will be. And the Greed to push it harder.. thats the tough one to control.. especially when racing with junk :wink:

as you may have read in the devils own thread, I've done the same thing you are looking to do, but with a different application (83 nissan 280zxt). Here's a pic of my manifold when I was mocking it up w/ just nozzles and a few hoses. I can take a picture of the finished project if you're interested. I never took one as I was more interested in getting in the car and testing things out and gettig the car tuned.

DSCN1749_Small_.JPG

Back