Going to the track in my Regal GS, predictions?

Wow!!:D. That is fast I only went 14.8. Maybe I'll start icing my blower. Gotta know ur 60'. Must b a 1.9-2.0. Congrats...u have a factory freak;)

Not bad. I had mods to get to 9.30's in my old white '97. It ran 9.80's - 10.0's stock.

It must be the color! :biggrin: lol

2nd pass. DA was about 950. Tried stalling the converter a little bit, but the car didn't like it and spun.

14.87 at 94.10mph

Again, there was no 60ft data on the slip. I was in the right lane for both passes so maybe the next run I'll choose the left lane and see if the 60ft #s show up

Yeah, my wife recorded all three passes. I'll try and upload them later today.

3rd and last pass of the day, DA was 1125: 14.60 at 94.40mph. Was in the left lane and it did record my 60ft, which was a 2.21 this pass. Launched off idle this time, but guess it was a bit soft as I didn't beat my first run. Really wish I knew the 60ft on that pass.

Wonder what this car could do in better air? Guess I'll be keeping it stock til the fall/winter to find out.

I would think they were probably in the same 2.2 range maybe a 2.1 maybe?

Just think what a 2.0 or 1.9 would do for ya. 13.9's - 14.0's?

congrats ! you are in the range mentioned earlier in the post running with multiple cars , its not a factory freak you just actually listened to what worked for others and dotted your "i"'s and crossed your "t"'s good job :cool:

this wouldnt have happened if you didnt allready have track experience and an understanding of how to get et out of a boosted car

Da's close to sea level will put it 14.4@96 or better

you can make your own "factory freak" if you follow a proven formula , I have done this with a couple of my own cars as well as other local forum members cars - the devil is in the details .... my cars get called factory freaks all the time , I dont buy it , give me a gs that runs 15.5 and let me throw fresh tune up parts in it and ensure enough octane ,proper cool downs , and sound fwd drag racing prep and its gonna go mid 14's in good air (da under 800 ft.) and crack 13's for $300-400 in mods

I agree 100%, Murphinator. People have said alot of my cars are "factory freaks", but its just good preperation and knowledge of what works that gets me the times I run.

I'm hooked on this car. Honestly, I never expected to go mid 14s right off the bat my first time out with it in average DA. What's the record for a stock Regal GS? I think I want to try to get the E/T & mph as fast as I can go with everything being stock. It's probably gonna sound crazy, but I think come Oct/Nov at Cecil (where the DA can get into the negatives), and a set of DRs, I can crack a 13.9 with this car. That would be incredible.

Looks like I've got 6 months to wait...

I agree 100%, Murphinator. People have said alot of my cars are "factory freaks", but its just good preperation and knowledge of what works that gets me the times I run.

I'm hooked on this car. Honestly, I never expected to go mid 14s right off the bat my first time out with it in average DA. What's the record for a stock Regal GS? I think I want to try to get the E/T & mph as fast as I can go with everything being stock. It's probably gonna sound crazy, but I think come Oct/Nov at Cecil (where the DA can get into the negatives), and a set of DRs, I can crack a 13.9 with this car. That would be incredible.

Looks like I've got 6 months to wait...

I believe it is possible with proper prep , good tires , and tune also.

I have only made 1 pass with my modded regal on a stock pulley & street tires and went 13.9 @101 on a 2.2 60

I believe 12.9 is possible on stock pulley with other mods maximized

I have gotten my best times with DA's in the -1000 to -1300 range up here at ned where we tend to get upper 30's or so before the track closes early spring & late fall and the track is about 90 feet above sea level

stock pulley pass :

YouTube - Regal gs (stock pulley 13.9) vs GN

car wasnt tuned for stock pulley - I had raced an intercooled TR (85 car /87 drivetrain) 3 times and beaten him badly and offered to swap to a 3.8 pulley expecting him to get me but I got him lol

I just posted a pic of how to do the cable mod on another forum and it reminded me of this thread and your quest for 13's

this pic is mocked up on a rusty parts car but how it basically works is you jack up each side on the rear allowing the strut to fully extend then you use a steel cable with clamps to hold it in that position when you let the tires back onto the ground.

the car will be jacked up in the rear keeping weight from transferring off the drive wheels

** do this at your own risk , it is likely not going to pass tech if they ever were to look and one side dropping at speed would not be a good thing... I also run 2 spring blockers in each side so if a cable were to break it would only drop onto the blocker

I am talking about the blockers that gto's & g8's shipped with to keep the cars stable crossing the ocean to the us - they are getting hard to find but the next gm that gets imported from Aus. will likey have them also..

and to anyone looking at this with a gtp you have to route the cable around the sway bar mount instead since they mount the rear frame directly to the underside of the body without the rubber isolators buick uses to maintain a plush ride lol

this is a track only mod it will kick your a$$ just riding through the pits like this - it is damn harsh but definately helps traction

cable20mod20001.jpg

gtospringblockers001.jpg