Got My 55 Running

Not Turbo'd yet....lol, but I got a chance to break in the cam today and get this car running. It has been sitting for 25+ years without a motor/trans.

454/400 and no name stock mufflers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VR-zE1MdeDw
So cool TT, Ive always had a fondness for the 55's, and yours sounds really good, the stockish mufflers with a big cammed motor have a sound all their own. When I was about 12 my sister had a boyfriend that had totaled out his 70 340 cuda, 4 speed blue with black vinyl top and was looking for another car. Down the block a neighbor who had a 55 had it sitting near the end of driveway with a for sale sign 1800$. [1972 or 73,] Now this dude would not let anyone walk on his front yard and had a showcase with a bunch of trophies for that car in his house, [there were two daughters that we used to let hang with us cindy and shelly] and the car was a beautiful dark charcoal grayish color with black diamond pleated interior and a healthy 327 with a four speed with the hurst T griphandle. It had the chrome reverse type wheels of the day on it and even tho I was young I knew it was bit special, always covered never out in the rain kind of stuff. So I was all excited to tell my sisters boyfriend about it and and I remember him scoffing at the car saying the guy was bananas for asking 1800$ for it. If only I knew then what I know now, about the car and cindy. I think her mom would of qualified as the original milf. Oh well keep that bad boy and enjoy it maybe I will get my own some day. Thanks for letting me reminisce a bit.

Glad I gave you a good memory.
Ya, I grew up in the 80's -90's and you could buy these things for cheap. My dad and his buddies had many of these cars over the years and I always liked them. We even had a 55 drag car we raced in the 90's.
I found this car and had to have it. I regret parts of it, but it should turn out to be a good driver.
Since this vid I have done a lot more work and she will see the road soon. Its been 25+ years.