You can type here any text you want

Grand National w/shaft mounted rockers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
It's A 109. 20 bolt oil pan and if you look hard you can see the oil return boss for the turbo on the block. Stage blocks don't have the oil return.

I see 3 billet mains, cant see the 4th one. Do you know who built the motor? Would you mind posting what the cost was?

Bryan

get that masking tape off the crank , that will kill an engine

you should check to see if the block is filled or half filled with hard block

Thats a NASCAR-Circle track v-6 it looks,cheaper route then v-8 in roundie roundie racing motor, But it'll still put out...not to sure on turbo charging those, ask on the compression.

Thats a NASCAR-Circle track v-6 it looks,cheaper route then v-8 in roundie roundie racing motor, But it'll still put out...not to sure on turbo charging those, ask on the compression.

Actually it's a built 109 turbo block. Nothing Nascar about it. Well built, with a forged steel crank, good rods, power 6 steel main caps(nascar didn't use those), probably good pistons, GN1 heads, 109 block, ported turbo intake manifold (nascar??).
BTW, Nascar motors were either SI or SII, not 109's.

After looking at "all" the picks,your right, has alot aftermarket turbo v-6 parts,i didn't mean big money nasacar,alot local racers use them on the roundie round tracks,dirt or asphalt, should still check the compression to see what he's dealing with though an get the cam card on it.

hellobozos,

what the hell are you talking about? lol
You took the words from my mouth. lol

I read 4 bolt mains,an only quick viewed the assembled block on the stand,reminded of motor that came out before mine in the machine shop.Guy's circle track buick v-6. Still for third time though, Check the compression an cam grind before adding all the other "goodies"...;^)

Ok ive done some research and from the numbers and info on the crank that Somers Racing Engines in Vancouver WA. built the motor. Talked to them they said guy that had it built spent 15k in parts

i dont see how unless theres 9 thousand dollars of gold hidden in there

I think with all the supporting mods maybe 15K. I would say what? Maybe $9000 there.

Im thinking low end 10k just from a quick research on individual part i can find on internet for sale. Now did the guy buy his own part and have Somers build engine or did he buy parts from Somers with their added mark up That i dont know. I know the kind of work Somers does and they have a VERY good reputation (here in the Northwest) for building quality race motors.

we are talking parts as his builder claims 15k on parts not labor

these are rough numbers but very close to actual
heads with rockers 3k
roller cam (cam ,lifters, prods,timing set) 1k
rotating assembly (crank rods pistons )2k
timing cover and what not 1K
4 billet mains 50o
bhj balancer 500
intake 300 + core
v covers 156

and figure 300 for a block

I know we talking part but if he bought them from the builder im sure he didnt get them at the builders price and paid his mark-up for them

TabooDzine said:
I know we talking part but if he bought them from the builder im sure he didnt get them at the builders price and paid his mark-up for them

Then he paid too much

Back