H & R Motor Mounts Vibration

SNOWBIRD

:( Since I have installed these 2 mounts ,which where written soft on the mounts ,I can feel a slight rumble or vibration in steering wheel or body of car when I accelerate car....it makes the car unplesent to drive....I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANY ONE ELSE IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM....THANKS.:(

:( Since I have installed these 2 mounts ,which where written soft on the mounts ,I can feel a slight rumble or vibration in steering wheel or body of car when I accelerate car....it makes the car unplesent to drive....I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANY ONE ELSE IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM....THANKS.:(

use the drivers side only , how old are they ?Are they red on the ends or total black?

me too

I installed the mounts back in August. I installed both sides and I also noticed some vibration. I notice the vibration whenever the engine is running, not just when accelerating.

To me, its not that bad.

My mounts were marked "Soft 70" and had the black poly, not the red stuff.

Sorry I COULDNT GET BACK FASTER,BUT DID WORK ON CAR TODAY ,no red on motor mounts ,I will check if any part of motor if touching body or frame ,EXAMPLE ,,,DOWN PIPE ,,,,TRANS TO BODY ,,VALVE COVERS DUE TO RJC SPACERS ,,is it possible the HR motor motor mounts and trans mount makes the motor and trans sit higher ,my drive shaft (visual) angle seems mor pronounced

I have had the HnR motor mounts and trans mount installed for about a year or more. No noticable vibration here. It did raise the engine slightly when installed. Couldn't be happier.

Yes i had the same issue. Even the soft ones I did not like. I maybe too fussy but others are Ok with it. They are an excellent product though in construction and strength. I think the super soft 70 has to made "softer" for picky people.

I will recheck every possible metal to metal contact area that I can think of,I am not happy,other wise car goes well ...dls stroker ,70 gtq ,race ported heads, roller cam and rockers ,twin fuel pumps,rjc front mount ,I COULD GO ON AND ON ,ITS THAT D..M VIBRATION .:confused: I even installed a third muffler in addition to my hooker system to quiet things down.:D

...dls stroker ,70 gtq ,race ported heads, roller cam and rockers ,twin fuel pumps,rjc front mount ,

Theres your problem!:biggrin: too much horsepower!

I also have a vibration after the install but I can live with it. No more tie down!

YA ,I wish ,I think I will pick up a passenger side mount at the dealership,,,I will see if it makes a difference.:confused:

I have them and I'm happy with them...Don't remember if they're the red or black ones though...There is a very slight vibration, but I have no problem living with that...:wink:

Claude.:smile:

i have the poly mounts and the engine is raised a bit and the vacuum block went through the hood mat. an and i have some vibration

I will recheck every possible metal to metal contact area that I can think of,I am not happy,other wise car goes well ...dls stroker ,70 gtq ,race ported heads, roller cam and rockers ,twin fuel pumps,rjc front mount ,I COULD GO ON AND ON ,ITS THAT D..M VIBRATION .:confused: I even installed a third muffler in addition to my hooker system to quiet things down.:D

That sounds like a race car to me,I think your too fussy.:eek:

If you only feel it through the steering wheel than it's the steering intermediate shaft. You see the coupler with the rubber boot? Thats to isolate the vibration. Sometimes the boot has a tear in it which makes the problem worse. If your boot is okay than you'll either have to live with it or remove the mounts.

turbofish your one smart cookie,,,I replaced the shaft when I had the engine out ,the boot was riped and I put in a good shaft ,,,,,no it is a rumble through the whole car and you do not SENSE it if the windows are open,,,remember the weights they used to put on the diff houseings to absorb driveline harmonics.;)

Yes ,Claude, it would not surprise me .I had joe try my car out ,he did agree that mine vibrated and his does not ..same set up.......Then we took a ride in his 10.20 et gn ,it got me a LOTS nervous when he lit up the tires at 50 mph and kept the tires smoking untill he had to let of the pedal ...who said MT DRAG RADIALS BITE.:eek:

HR Motor Mounts and Trans Mount

I've installed both motor mounts and the transmission mount....bought them about 1 yr ago....believe these are the softest ones for the street (70durometer)?

After the install......I definitely noticed a distinct vibration while idling at first......at first, I I did not like it vs stockers & thought maybe I made a mistake and wondered if I should have only done the drivers side....however, after driving for a few weeks I found that it wasn't so bad....think that they kinda softened up and broke in! Either that or I got used to them.....Either way I couldn't be happier with the installation of all 3 mounts.....Now, I don't even notice them in there.

I've since installed some Kenne Bell Headers and they fit no problem with lots of room....so much space, that I've even been able to kept my Kirbans control arm heat shield on and there's still a ton of room with the Kenne Bell Headers....also no more dents in my down pipe as engine is rock solid...never have to worry about these again! Toss away your engine hold down strap.

Great investment IMHO.

Give'em some time and some miles.......and they may break in so it's not a problem anymore.

Dave