You can type here any text you want

Has anyone use BFG Drag Radials on Stock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87lc2/wo2

Turbo T wheels? I Just ordered a pair and does anyonehave pics of size P275/60/R15? I liked the price, but how is the look and performance?

I have the exact same tires, but on my stock steel wheels (same size, 15x7) and they rub. I had to use spacers. Most guys here though, report that they don't need spacers.
They look fine, and, I'm not sure if it's my streets, or my turbo just spooling soo fast, but I can break 'em loose, with a stock turbo....though I never heated 'em up either...

I have used them and also the mickey thompsons et street. I like the mickey's a lot better if traction is a consern air them down to 20 to 22 psi that is where they grip best. 22 seemed to work for my cars,also did tests in car mag. they said 22 for peak preformance. Hope this help.
Tom

quick question....I think I know the answer, but I want to double check first.
I have 275 bfg drag radial 2's mounted on my stock steel rim. Which we all know is 7" wide. My tires are rubbing... Would a 8, or 8.5" wide rim make the profile of my tires not buldge soo much, and stop my rubbing?

Tire size

Just got a new set of wells n tires traded a friend and fellow board member think his handle is snakekiller i have skinnys with 275/50/15 they do not rub, they are on a set of weld prostars think they have I forget either 3 1/2- 4"
back space.not sure if it helps as you are running stock wheels but I heard that he ran as low as 13 lbs of air.
tom:cool:

ive got 275/60/15 MT drags on T wheels......great fit.......but these are TOO big if your car isnt at least running low elevens....if youre slower get a 26" tire.....

Drag Radials

I Have 275/50r15 Drag Radials On Staock T Wheels With No Rubbing Issues.

Tim

quick question....I think I know the answer, but I want to double check first.
I have 275 bfg drag radial 2's mounted on my stock steel rim. Which we all know is 7" wide. My tires are rubbing... Would a 8, or 8.5" wide rim make the profile of my tires not buldge soo much, and stop my rubbing?

Yes, use a 4"b.s or 3.5"b.s with the 8" rim.

ive got 275/60/15 MT drags on T wheels......great fit.......but these are TOO big if your car isnt at least running low elevens....if youre slower get a 26" tire.....

The 28" tire can speed up a car running low 12's, if it is running faster than 110 mph in the 1/4 or the motor is reving over 5000 RPM thru the traps with a 26" tire, no matter what the trap speed is.

My car went from 11.92 @113.9 to 11.53@118.3 by switching to 28" BFG DR's from 26" BFGDR's.

Had those tires on my stock rims a few years ago. I did not like them. They hooked up pretty good at first, but they really need to be warmed up more so than others. They didnt seen to last very long and are HORRILBE if you get caught in the rain. They are cheap, but it will show when you start using them. Just my experience.

I'm running stock t wheels with 275/60 15's on my car with no rubbing unless I have 2 people in the back seat. They hook awsome on the track almost as good as slicks. I have never needed to heat them up a lot to get them to hook. As far as the rain, I don't drive my turbo buick in the rain

Back