You can type here any text you want

Head lift or blown heads?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

texasterror

How can I tell if i have head lift of blown heads? I had a "buddy" of mine store the car for me at his house while we were both deployed but I think his little brother might have driven my car while we were both overseas. Now I have milkshake for oil. How can i tell if its serious as a blown heads or is it simply head lift? The readings on the scanmaster are normal. I dont drive it at all. All the oil is drained now its just sitting there but Im pretty pissed that I dont get to enjoy the car.

Your best bet is to pull the head there maybe damage even if it just lifted... Usually will be the passenger side that goes I believe. There is some dye you can run through as well but I'm not sure how well it works or the exact name. In my case I was able to get under the car with a flashlight and could see the antifreeze coming from the seal... Pulled head and it was all bad. Hope your news has a better result. Don't get his teeth lodged in your knuckle cause then you'll have two surgery's to pay for!!! Good luck. :rolleyes:

Pressure test the cooling system. Autozone will rent you a tool. Do it now while the oil is drained.

Doesn't sound like a lifted head to me. If your oil looks like a milkshake you need to pull the motor. Most likely a head gasket & bearings. If one went its likely the other is damaged so I would replace them both. Bearings do not do well when exposed to antifreeze, which is what is mixed in with your oil.

Thanks

Thanks guys. After I'll have to take care of if after this may (i graduate from college) and save up a little bit of money. Im not that great of a mechanic so I rather pay and have my motor done right. It just sucks that I cant drive it.

Thanks guys. After I'll have to take care of if after this may (i graduate from college) and save up a little bit of money. Im not that great of a mechanic so I rather pay and have my motor done right. It just sucks that I cant drive it.

If you lift a head with graphite gaskets you need to replace them. It's good you know you're limits and have the self control to let the car sit. Kudos to you. I would be awfully tempted to "talk" to the little brother about paying for some of it.

Back