You can type here any text you want

Head Porting....Pics included

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have personally mentored 10-12 guys on how to port cyl. heads and EVERYONE of them said that they would NEVER do it again. It takes me 13-18 hours to do a set of heads. (Buick V6). Most folks are the type that Google searches for an answer, then clicks "buy it now". Sometimes I feel like Yoda with a die grinder, and have punk ass Skywalker on MY back. "Patience........Patience young one!"

To me it is like house painting. You start out full of piss and vinegar and after a few minutes you step back and admire your work. Then after 6 hours you step back and say wtf, there's still tons of more work to do.

I port aluminum heads no problem. I ported a set of irons when i was 18 and it really didint bother me, but last summer I didna set for a guy, never again will i volunteer to do a full port job on iron heads. I had 12 hours into them, and I just lightly cleaned up the runners, didnt enlarge them to the max, mostly bowl work.

I have personally mentored 10-12 guys on how to port cyl. heads and EVERYONE of them said that they would NEVER do it again. It takes me 13-18 hours to do a set of heads. (Buick V6). Most folks are the type that Google searches for an answer, then clicks "buy it now". Sometimes I feel like Yoda with a die grinder, and have punk ass Skywalker on MY back. "Patience........Patience young one!"

I would definitely say, you are Yoda. Some of the stuff you built is absolutely amazing! Excellent craftsman!

Back