Header and downpipe fitment Problem and Who makes these???

Thanks

Well....I have talk to several vendors and "most" say they are early KB, BUT could be ATR. :confused:
AFTER this exchange, I SAID "will your downpipe fit WITHOUT me hammering my headers or the NEW dp to install" ? Their reply "Probly"???? :eek:
WHAT to DO?????? :confused:

I certainly wouldn't trust an exhaust shop to be able to accomplish that.
He would be WAY ahead selling the one he has and getting one designed to fit.
why wouldn't a good exhaust shop be able to do an easy modification to a piece of steel pipe? that's kind of what they are in business to do.
personally, if it was my car, i'd ding the header and the downpipe just enough to get things to clear by using a hammer and a large impact socket to make a nice, smooth radius on both parts. no one would know i did it but me once it was in the car, and there wouldn't be any sort of measurable power loss. and if you are careful and wrap the pipe with masking tape and a rag, you won't hurt the coating at all.
another option would be to put a small piece of oval exhaust tubing on the downpipe- which is something even the most shadetree exhaust shop could easily handle in under an hour..

GN1performance

They sell a pair of headers that are KB clones or ATR copies as both those headers basically have that same tubing design from the crossover to header/collector/header junction off the passenger side header to turbo that needs an offset downpipe to clear the extra piping that feeds the turbo. So the Downpipe that he sells that works with their headers should be work. These are the only ones I can think of that might work plus he has them in external an internal wastegate design. Worth a try. Click on headers as he has a bunch of pics with them mounted on an engine on a stand there is also pics of Downpipe hooked up to these headers so you can see the offset, the DP clears that collector tube.

I bought the 2 pc. from Kirban, it uses the stock elbow, but I have stock manifolds, I am not sure if they work with headers or not. Mine does rub on the A-frame and I need to adjust it.