You can type here any text you want

Headers for mid 9's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I know stockers are OK for low 10's, but what about mid 9's?
My iron heads are race ported and dont exactly match the exhaust ports on the stock headers, so when I upgrade to race ported aftermarket heads, its going to be worse.

I feel like I need the velocity through the smaller tubes to keep quicker spool, but there has to be some extra back pressure from the small exhaust ports.
The TA race headers are nice, but 1000 is pricey. Is there any other alternatives? Or just fabricate some Chinese headers?

T/A headers represent some of the best $$ you could ever spend on your car. They just work, no BS, no leaks.

I think the "other" ta headers or postons are a good alternative.. although a good set of stockers - I still don't think are a cork.

If you want some chinese headers.. I think I have a new set of ATR copies that I would let go cheap.. i might even have replacement v-band flanges/clamps to go with them. just pm me.

Has anyone located a V-band flange that will fit the Chinese headers ? they are an odd sized tube.
My Postons finally cracked after 20 years, I really want the ATR knockoff style, already have a set, just looking for the right flanges to weld on. The stockers work well when ported and cleaned up, same with the TA's.
anyone got feedback on the GN1's ? are they just the Chinese versions ?

I know stockers are OK for low 10's, but what about mid 9's?
My iron heads are race ported and dont exactly match the exhaust ports on the stock headers, so when I upgrade to race ported aftermarket heads, its going to be worse.

I feel like I need the velocity through the smaller tubes to keep quicker spool, but there has to be some extra back pressure from the small exhaust ports.
The TA race headers are nice, but 1000 is pricey. Is there any other alternatives? Or just fabricate some Chinese headers?

Any header will "spin" the turbine ... the difference is in " for how long will they last" and "how efficient" they are at spinning the turbine..

you get what you pay for .. a set of stock RE-DONE headers will run mid 9's .. the Chinese ones will do the same .. but for how long ?

For $1000 you can get a set of custom stainless headers built that will last a lifetime.. and in my opinion $1000 isn't too much to spend on a premium set of headers that
you never have touch.

The TA race headers are nice, but 1000 is pricey.
its money well spent,havent had mine off since I put them on, that alone was worth it.i don't think there are huge power gains,but you wont be pulling them off when you turn the wick up.the exh tone did change on my motor and I felt things working a little sooner.

For $1000 you can get a set of custom stainless headers built that will last a lifetime.. and in my opinion $1000 isn't too much to spend on a premium set of headers that
you never have touch.
I have a friend with 540 BBC with TI headers. They were $1800 he said . . . . . Any links to custom headers?

I have a friend with 540 BBC with TI headers. They were $1800 he said . . . . . Any links to custom headers?

TI headers .. waste IMHO .. PRICE and all you get is lighter weight .. in a turbo app probably wouldn't hold out too well.

321 Stainless is the preferred metal of choice for our application .. If you have the means you could go Inconel

These are lifetime headers ... tons of header fabricators , best bet is to get a reference word of mouth

TI headers .. waste IMHO .. PRICE and all you get is lighter weight .. in a turbo app probably wouldn't hold out too well.

321 Stainless is the preferred metal of choice for our application .. If you have the means you could go Inconel

These are lifetime headers ... tons of header fabricators , best bet is to get a reference word of mouth
Thanks. Agree on Inconel. $$$$$$

Thanks. Agree on Inconel. $$$$$$

yea $$$ and the returns over 321 are minimal for the type of use most guys will see...

Ive done a set of Inconel headers and its a pain to work with.. real advantage to it is weight savings because you can get away with a thinner pipe.

in a street car I would for sure opt for 321 .. out last a turbo buick for sure .

Inconel is hard to weld and work with for sure. I was more interested in a material type that would not get dull so quickly.

OP . . . Sorry for derailing the thread.

Inconel is hard to weld and work with for sure. I was more interested in a material type that would not get dull so quickly.

OP . . . Sorry for derailing the thread.

Don't think its derailing .. I think he may want this info in his back pocket if he fabricates his headers .. otherwise he will be spending more time removing , re-doing, reinstalling headers then he bargained for.

Back