Headgasket Install

No roller cam i pull the valve cover off it flat taper rocker arm & checked all the push rods they are in perfect condition.... The car never made the noise before... Also with valve cover off I notice the some of the push rods are spin slow & the other are spinning fast at idle on the driver side... I didn't check the passenger side to if they all spin fast or slow...

The ticking could still be a header leak that you can't see. I chased one for several months, eventually pulled the crossover pipe, and found the huge crack right on the expanded part of the crossover that fits over the header's donut. It was hidden by the mounting flange.

With the engine ticking, take a long hollow tube (a hard/straight piece of vacuum cleaner tube/pipe works good) and hold one end to your ear and move the other end slowly around the engine compartment. You will quickly find the location of your tick, the loudest location is your source. Some people swear their noise is in the engine, only to find out it was an exhaust leak somewhere or a cracking flex plate, or weak tensioner, etc. Find and fix the noise, the other stuff can be done if you blow it up having fun! Now of course it is truely an internal engine noise...you'll have many careful choices to make.